Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Goodbye Pocatello

I think this is the longest I've ever gone between blog posts. Life has been very crazy this summer. I’m not even sure I did a blog post about Addy being born. That’s okay-it was documented other places; and maybe I’ll come back to that later. But the crazy has mostly come from the fact that Justin graduated from residency!! Can I get a woot woot?! Super exciting. That also means that it was time to sell our house in Pocatello and pack up and move life once again. This time we headed to Cottonwood, Idaho- a bustling town of just over 900 people. We are actually loving it so far (it’s only been 1 ½ weeks).  While things went so smooth selling our house, it hasn’t been as smooth on the other end of buying a house. The market in Cottonwood leaves a little to be desired-but that’s a story for another day. Tonight I want to remember all the things we don’t want to forget about our life in Pocatello.

Things we will miss:
1       Our first house! It was so perfect for us, and I brought two babies home in this house.
2       The backyard- big, beautiful flowers, the garden, lots of shade
3       The hot tub!
4       Our awesome neighbors Anthony and Andrea Serpa...and the kids would add their dogs Luke and Remy...and Sadie and the puppies (they had a lot of dogs there at the end.)
5       Our bunnies, Bear Bear and Trout Trout. They went to a good home next door with the Serpas-as long as the dogs don’t get them-hahaha!
6       The Pocatello Zoo- we had annual passes and especially loved the Grizzly Bears, Brown Bear, Bald Eagle, turkeys, and badger.
7 Lava Hot Springs! That should be number one thing we are going to miss. Our summer with passes to Lava is one nobody will ever forget. The kids talk about it all the time and still ask when we are going swimming at Lava.
8       Fishing at the pond (Wellness Complex) by our house and eating the fish for dinner.
9       Walking with friends-outside in the summers and at the church in the winter
1   Connor Academy- best school ever! Matthew and Koyle were really sad to leave this school.
1   The libraries-I don’t think Cottonwood’s will be as large and useful.
1   City Creek Trails for a fun family hike
1   Stroll N Roll at Deleta- bikes, scooters, skates, and hanging out with friends
1   Soda Barn
1   Of course the Pocatello temple being built RIGHT BY our house-how do you leave that?
1   And of course our friends-Stoddards, Websters, Jensens, Gibbons, Henderson, and all the rest
1   Living by Jacque and all the times we passed the hours together and how much she jumped in to help me with the kids when I was in a pickle.

Things we won’t miss:
1.       Living on a hill
2.       Split entry house
3.       All 8 pine trees and their poky needles in the grass
4.       Early mornings to catch the bus for Connor (out the door by 7:15 am)
5.       Matthew hating his homework each night-especially his math problems and it taking hours to do every day

Every phase of life brings challenges and blessings. We had a wonderful time in Pocatello and were blessed by so many good people there, despite it being a very challenging time of life. 
6.        

No comments: