This week I feel like we settled in to our new routine. Except that only half the things were going. This coming week Landon starts preschool, and Koyle and Landon both start soccer. My schedule keeps getting a little more full each day.
Carissa: This week I decided I was going to teach the boys piano lessons. Wish me luck. I'm really optimistic right now, but I'm also not dumb enough to think it is going to be a dreamy experience. I had a few different reasons but ultimately it came down to a feeling; I guess we should call it a prompting. Usually when I think about doing things like teaching my kids piano I quickly dismiss that thought as crazy. But this time it hung on and grew and just felt right. I have learned to follow those moments of inspiration, even if I don't understand why. I also have been thinking about what the point of being a stay at home mom is. If it's not to have time to utilize my talents to bless my family, then what is the point? Here's to hoping I can keep my patience and self-discipline along this journey.
Justin: Started his OB rotation this week. I actually have learned to not mind this rotation and I kind of like it. We are to the point where it is no big deal on the days when he is gone for 24 hours. And then we get some extra special time at home with him the next day after he wakes up. He left straight from one of his 24 hour shifts (luckily he got about 5 hours of sleep that night) and went hunting. He is trying out archery hunting for the first time this year. His ankle got pretty tired and sore hiking around the mountain. There were also a bunch of other hunters he kept running into up where he went, so he ended up coming early to watch the first BSU game with us.
Matthew: We had our ups and downs and he continues to adjust to a new schedule. This boy just wants to read all day long. He spent some time riding his bike this week, got Sim City to work on the computer with his dad, and tried to be helpful playing with his little brothers while putting off his chores.
Koyle: Got to check out his first book from the school library. He chose Captain Underpants, much to his parents dismay. We told him next time he had to choose a different book. Koyle already has too much potty humor in his life-it doesn't need encouraged. We are trying to find him books that are at his level of comprehension but that he is still interested in. This is proving to be quite tricky as he is a little picky about what he wants to read. But this week he read The Chocolate Touch and really enjoyed it.
Landon: Had a super fun playdate with his new best friend Golden. We worked on writing using sidewalk chalk outside and played the Ladybug Game and Gubs together. He is so excited for preschool which makes me happy because he was so resistant for so long about it.
Lincoln: I have started playing around with potty training him. Mornings when we are just home and not doing anything I let him run around with no diaper on. We haven't had success in the potty yet but his interest is increasing and he loves to sit on the toilet 100 times. I just know one of these times we are going to catch it and it will start a good thing. Fingers crossed. One day when Landon was at a friends and it was just Lincoln and Mom I sat and played with him for a while and did whatever he wanted; he was pretty sure it was the best day ever. I love how much he loves his nursery class and is so excited to go every Sunday.
Now we are off to walk around the hospital while Dad takes care of a patient he has to see real quick. Cause staying cooped up all day on Sunday is sometimes not a good idea.
1 comment:
I laughed at the Captain Underpants thing. I remember my brother reading those books. Last week I didn't put the remote away and I found my girls watching Shrek on Netflix. The horror!!! I totally freaked out! I have zero patience for potty humor - maybe that's why God has wisely blessed me with all girls. Haha! Good luck with piano. You are a natural teacher and I think your kids are really lucky. Too bad about hunting - Troy and Cory came home early this year too. And I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed for Lincoln!
Post a Comment