Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, July 10, 2016

June

Justin had two full weeks before residency started at the beginning of June. My goal was to have the house completely unpacked, decorated, everything done before he started. We were busy but we did it! One of the first things we had to do was find a lawn mower so we could take care of the yard, and we planted our garden that first week too. In between all the unpacking and picture hanging we took the opportunity to do some fun things with the kids before Justin got busy. We went fishing many times at the pond in the Wellness Complex right by our house. We also went out to the dam at American Falls and even caught a BIG fish!
  We started getting to know the residency and all the great people in it. We had a welcome BBQ, and a spouse survival night. Then we went on the residency retreat camping for a weekend at Heise. From there we went to Camden's baby blessing and then the next day I left for Boise for a week to do swim lessons with the boys. Straight from there we went to the Koyle reunion at Indian Springs. While there Justin and I had to leave for the afternoon to come back for the Resident Graduation. So it was a bit of a whirlwind of travel and visiting with new faces and old faces.
34 weeks...about a month to go!
 I LOVE WinCo! I was so excited the first time I got to go shopping there that I couldn't resist taking a selfie. I can't say enough good things. I got 18 eggs for .97 cents!!!!! Can you believe that? And milk is super cheap, and I can buy good bread again cause its cheap. Life is gonna be good here in Idaho.
 One of our fishing trips at the Wellness Complex. I just love my three little boys. I really am excited to add another cute one to the mix. They are lucky they have a nice dad though cause I'm not gonna lie, I only go along on these fishing trips because I feel emotionally obligated and I know its easier for Justin when I come along to help. But I can only take so much fishing.
 We love how beautiful it is with the mountains all around us.



 We found a racoon in our backyard! He was pretty big and NOT afraid of us at all. We were in the hot tub with Jacque and Travis and he climbed right down next to us. He didn't even run away when we were trying to scare him away with loud noises and hissing sounds. Luckily we haven't seen him back since that night, but it was pretty exciting in the moment.
 The boys have been looking forward to planting a garden just as long as mom and dad. They were great helpers and loved every minute of it.
We told the boys to help watch for the birds and scare them away because we didn't want them to eat our seeds. They took this job to heart and were always running out through the yard yelling because they saw a bird. One morning Matthew decided to be the scarecrow for our garden. I love this boy SO much and the cute things he comes up with. 
 
I got to make a trip up to Rexburg one night to get my hair cut and go to Mandi's Pampered Chef party. It is so fun that I am close enough to do those kind of things. And I like doing them both: getting my hair cut for cheap, and spending time with my sister. It was a nice night out to myself as well.
 Landon has been doing excellent on the potty still and has even started taking himself without my help-which is a relief. He was so cute wearing the baseball helmet sitting on the toilet that I just couldn't resist snapping a picture.
 I made this rose bouquet out of flowers from our yard; they smelled SO sweet. When I was a kid I always loved making flower arrangements out of our yard and I'm excited to start doing it again with my flowers now.
 Another fishing trip. We knew they had just stocked the pond so we decided to go before it got busy. The kids caught 8 fish that night!! Love seeing those smiles.
 One day we went on a walk and Matthew had to bring his journal and write down the things he observed about the other houses in our neighborhood. Made our walk a little slow, but I didn't mind.
 Matthew has been doing some of his Tinker Crate boxes because we got a little behind the last couple months. This one was building a trebuchet (a kind of catapult thing). It was a really neat project and he's had lots of fun launching stuff across the room with it. He also did a cool slime making box.
 One day Jacque had some time off so we went for a picnic lunch and she took us to a neat nature trail. It was a beautiful spot to sit and eat. We love seeing Jacque more often, and Landon especially loves seeing her dogs.

 We got to have lots of baby snuggles while we were in Boise with Mandi. Landon of course was in baby heaven and always wanted to hold Camden or help feed him his bottle. He was also very intrigued at what Mandi was doing whenever she would pump. Camden is the sweetest little baby.
 This year we did private swim lessons so it was a class with just Maddi, Matthew, Koyle, and Brynnley. I liked it except it was too short-not enough days. Just when they really made a break through and I started seeing good progress it was over.
 Koyle wanted to try goggles this year and it made the WORLD of difference for him. He has suddenly turned into a fish with his goggles. He has a little ground to make up, but he's gonna learn to swim yet.







I got to spend some time with the Jones clan while I was in Boise too! This is a fun picture we got of Kimi and myself together before she had her baby. We lucked out and she had the baby while I was there so I got to go see baby Luke while he was still in the hospital. I didn't get any pictures but the boys loved meeting and holding their new cousin.

 This was at the residency graduation we had to go to. It was actually a really nice event. When you only have 6 graduates you can make it really personal. I am looking forward to this when Justin finishes in three years. But as part of the graduation, they recognize the new interns and give them their long white coats. They also got a scholarship for $500 which was so generous and kind of the organization that gave them. They even got big fake checks which was really fun!

 And to end the month, we got to go out on a date! Through the residency we got free tickets to the Boston concert at the outdoor amphitheater. (Never mind we paid a small fortune for the babysitter.) Seeing as how Boston is a little before our time and we are not music buffs, the best part was visiting with friends before and enjoying the beautiful weather and views. This was actually the first concert Justin and I have ever gone to! Too bad we didn't know any of the music.
 Some of the other interns that came: In the back Tabetha and ?? Gould, Richard and ?? Curtis, and in the front next to us with the hats is Lara and ?? Packham. Haha-like how I can only remember one name in each couple? I'm working on it. Justin would know them all if he were here. My prego body was ready to be done sitting on the ground by the end of the night.
And that's a wrap on June.

No comments: