Easter! It came this year. Landon of course was LOVING all the candy. And the Easter bunny left a dollar in each of the boys' eggs which proved to be the highlight of the day. Matthew had lost a tooth earlier in the week and he really wanted the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy to meet; so he saved his tooth until Easter night and put it under his pillow. He knew that they met because the tooth fairy left the money in a plastic egg under his pillow! And then they found the money in their Easter baskets too. Childhood joys.
We always like to try fun things with our Easter eggs and this year we found some great ideas that worked out really well. With half our eggs we rolled them in shaving cream that had food coloring in it and then let them sit. When you wipe off the shaving cream the colors stay behind. The other method was drawing on the eggs with crayon while they were still warm from being boiled. This melted the crayon and was really fun to draw with. I think we will expand on that idea next year.
The Easter bunny brought each of the boys a water drawing pad. These things are great fun, and the Easter bunny must have known that we had a bunch of long road trips coming up in our near future.
We always focus throughout the week on the real meaning of Easter. I have always believed that you can do both. For me the candy of the Easter bunny doesn't take away from the Spirit of the holiday. I love that our church is next to the temple and it was a BEAUTIFUL spring day in Lubbock on Easter Sunday. After church we walked around the temple and looked at the beautiful flowers. Who knew that ornamental purple cabbage bloomed with yellow flowers? I am gonna have to have some of these in my yard someday; I just couldn't get enough of their purple and yellow goodness.
And just because for some reason I love Easter morning videos:
1 comment:
I never knew the cabbage bloomed either. Maybe it will still be there when we come. I'd like to see it.
Post a Comment