On Thursday we had our ultrasound. The kids were the most excited to find out what our baby would be. Earlier in the day we had a regular doctor appointment. Baby has always been stubborn about us finding the hearbeat, but this morning it proved especially difficult. Doctor Yoemans made some predictions about how the baby was sitting, and I was definitely looking forward to seeing baby healthy. When we got to the ultrasound, baby was breech and totally folded in half and would not move positions. So it took the tech a while to find everything she needed. It was kind of fun though because we got to look at baby on the ultrasound for a full hour. At one point she left the room and had me move around and twist and bend trying to get baby to move...and of course it didn't. In the end we finally got a good enough look at everything. It was the heart and the end of the spine that were the trickiest to get a good picture of because of how baby was folded up.
We wanted to do something fun to tell the boys and after much thought we had decided on making homemade chalk powder (was actually SUPER easy and turned out awesome-you could have a lot of fun with that stuff), and I bought some cheap water squirters from the store. I sucked up the powder into the tubes and gave one to each kid.
Koyle was very disappointed. I felt bad for the kid. Since before I was pregnant he has been hoping and planning on a girl next. Our baby girl needed to be Astrid to round out our Dragon crew. You can kind of see it start at the end of the video but he totally melted down and was sobbing. He really had his heart set on a girl. Justin was able to calm him down and they picked a boy character from the Dragon gang that we didn't have yet and decided the baby could be Tuffnut (the boy twin). He decided it was going to be okay after that. But today at church when people asked him about it he wasn't too thrilled about it being brought up again.


When I asked Matthew how he felt about it he said, "I feel kind of happy, and kind of sad." He thinks it is fun to pick out baby names.
Mom and Dad are excited. I think we both were planning on it being a boy and it would have been a surprise to find out otherwise. My comment when we found out was, "Giddy Up! Here we go..." And that pretty much sums how I feel. I'm excited to have another boy, but there are definitely moments in the craziness of shouting and wrestling and fighting and typical boy craziness when I have to take a deep breath and prepare myself to add another one to the bunch. But I love my boys and someday I will have a piece of land with some chickens for them to chase and it will be a dream come true. In the meantime I love the bow ties and the football and the wild animal make believe.
20 weeks 1 day
3 comments:
You have such a good attitude about life. I love it! I need more of you in my life. Yesterday (like one of many times), Hazel started "wrestling" (I see it as wrestling, but it's 2-year-old wrestling: laying on top of) Henry and started laughing and giggling. She loves it. And it is darn cute. I think she and Henry will be great buds soon. But I'm sure my perception of wrestling is vastly different from what goes on in your home every day. Your boys will probably play like that together their entire lives.
-Steph
Congratulations!!! I can't think of a better family to raise some amazing boys and men than yours. :-) And Koyle is adorable. I'm sure he'll warm up to his newest little brother in time.
I don't even know what to think, we were so excited for boys, it seems weird to be sad it's not a girl. Who knew the boys would ever out number the girls in the Koyle family!
Post a Comment