Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Poop on Politics

I am watching the CNN Presidential Debate right now, and it is horribly painful to watch. Bad debate. Here are my thoughts. Politicians-you suck, get out of town. Everyone except Ted Cruz, I like him. But they haven't learned a basic principle in life. If someone isn't treating you right, or is doing things you don't like and make you feel uncomfortable, then don't play with them. Walk away and make some better friends who share your values and help build you up. Right? Isn't that what we teach our children. I am amazed at how many people feel obligated for various reasons to let people treat them like crap. If you don't treat me with respect, I do not have to be your friend. Period. And if you don't like me, then don't be my friend. What does this have to do with politics you ask? The candidates were just discussing foreign policy and would they talk to Putin, and would they hold a State Dinner for China? The 'non political' folks gave a common sense answer-NO. They don't treat America well and don't have our best interests in mind, so we do not need to be their friend. The career politicians were all wishy washy. You have to treat the situation delicately, don't burn your bridges, don't be rash, you don't understand the system. Bull. Let's burn some bridges. Go back to elementary school folks. Find some self respect, some confidence and courage. Find some respect for your country, have some confidence if our country and our military and the power we do hold in the world (or could hold), and have the courage to stop having play dates with bullies.
There you go: foreign policy according to Carissa.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I totally agree! I think where politicians feel the need to be wishy washy is that we need to have their best interests in mind for them to be able to have our best interests in mind. With that said, I don't think that we need to continue to attempt to be friends if they don't want to be our friends. We have made ourselves clear and if you (meaning any person/politician/government/country we might be dealing with) don't like what we've offered then that's your problem. Love it Carissa!

Anonymous said...

Yep, you work for me, Mr. President, and Congress, and Senate. Don't forget it! I hired you and I can fire you, so you better play nice. Geez, I wish that were true! I would have fired Obama about 7yrs and 11 months ago.
If only we could get like minded people to vote.