Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, September 3, 2015

First Half of Summer

**I saw that this never got posted when I got on to do some blogging tonight. So even though it's a little late, here it is!**
The days until our Idaho summer adventure begins are getting smaller and smaller. I knew if I didn't get what we have been doing documented it would never happen. So I give you the first half of our summer adventures...or at least what I can think of right now.

I finally found a good bread recipe! Now I can confidently make delicious bread whenever I want.

Rain! We got so much rain, of course we had to have fun splashing in the puddles.


He is getting too big too fast. But he sure is sweet when he's sleeping.

We have been enjoying the pool our friends gave us when they moved.

I feel like I have been making a million trips to the store lately. The kids have been mostly cooperative.

Proof of a good day-all tired out. Although I think really this is proof of a bad day because everyone had reached their limit, so we went for a walk hoping that this would happen-and it did!

Landon loves whistles! The best part is he can't blow hard enough to make it loud and annoying, just cute. 
We had to readjust after preschool ended and it felt like we had so much time to kill. We took a few trips to the Science Spectrum. Koyle thought this mirror was so silly.

Pirate Matthew! He had fun at a pirate and princess birthday party.

That day in the summer when you had to pull out the beanies to go to a morning Fun Run-that ended up getting rained out


Landon decided he wanted to take a bath with Koyle.
Can you read it? Harry Poter and Hagrid. Matthew has been begging to watch the Harry Potter movie since his friend Riggs has seen it. We told him he could watch the movie when he could read the book on his own. So he has been diligently reading it every night before bed.


The boys really wanted to do a lemonade sale and I just couldn't resist. Thanks to a few nice neighbors and the fact that Justin helped someone down the street move and then enticed them all to come get some free lemonade, the day wasn't a total bust.
We went to Lubbock Lake Landmark to kill some time one afternoon and shockingly there were huge, beautiful flowers everywhere! All that rain really did some good.

Landon will do this all day if I let him.

Koyle colored his first real picture! Check out the details on this. Brittany, his other preschool teacher, will really appreciate this one. It is still hanging on our wall 3 months later.
We went to Safety City for the first time and I can't believe we have never been. It was such a fun place. It's like a miniature city with real little roads and working stop lights and everything. They have all kinds of bikes you can check out and ride around. So much fun. Landon and Hazel had a great time playing in the puddles.


We threw a baby shower for Brittany to celebrate her upcoming baby girl. I squeezed a zillion lemons to make this lemonade but it turned out awesome. It was a fun night together with all my girl friends.

We went to the pool a few times but the weather has been a little cool. We did make it to story time at the library for the first time in forever.

This is our favorite park by our house and we have spent too many hours here to count during our time in Lubbock. I had to document it with a picture.


Whenever we go to the pool Koyle just wants to sit and eat. Surprise.

No comments: