Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Preschool Program

It has taken me a few weeks to post about the end of preschool, and that's okay! I love preschool so much, but the end of the school year brings such a welcome respite from the crazy stress of it all. Leading up to our program was especially crazy this year because it also happened to be the week of Landon's birthday, and the week our cousins came to stay. That just meant I had to bust my butt to get all my ducks in a row ahead of time.
  Our program went really well this year, definitely our best one so far. And that's how it should be, always improving. It was so much fun, but there was a little sad mixed in. Brittany won't be teaching with me next year and I already miss her. I have learned so much from her and we have our system worked out so it runs like clockwork. Now I have to rehash all the details with someone new. But that's okay too. It is the right decision for Brittany, and it will be fun to see what Hannah brings to the table.
  Matthew and Koyle did great on their parts. I have videos, but I am not going to include them. They already said their parts for the grandparents and the rest of you don't really care. All the kids did great actually, we didn't have anybody get too shy or bashful. Except our sweet Maggie, but we knew that ahead of time and accommodated.
Soren, Bryce, Gwen, Matthew, Ellie, Maggie, Koyle, Ammon, Naomi, Marseille
During the year I always try and convince myself that I don't really spend THAT much time on preschool. But now that it is over and that huge responsibility has been taken away, it is glaringly obvious how MUCH time I spent on preschool. Last year I had a newborn and we left for Idaho and Justin was taking his test and things were CRAZY so I didn't feel that void that I am feeling this year. I am trying to soak up all these moments of calm, because I know they are the last ones I will get in a long time. Life is about to get real folks! (As if it wasn't already.) These quiet times are also good affirmations to me that I do want to keep doing preschool next year. I am always thinking about it and wanting to do my best and put together a quality preschool. 
Our spots have already filled up and I have a waiting list and I never even had to advertise. That is so exciting and encouraging. We must be doing something right. My dream has become a reality, and even though it raises my blood pressure at times, I am doing something I love.

No comments: