This first picture has my favorite things in it. Let me tell you the story of the chicken coop doors. For a few years now I have been wanting to make a little place to hang pictures and I wanted to do it with chicken wire. I kind of like that farmhouse style kitchen look (someday when I have a kitchen that's how I will do it). This summer at my parents neighborhood garage sale I found this chicken coop they were giving away for free. It was beautiful (in my eyes) and I FELL IN LOVE with the doors on it. They were exactly what I wanted and even better because they came off a real chicken coop instead of being crafted knock-offs. By some miracle I convinced my dad that he wanted to haul the chicken coop into his backyard, which turned out to be quite the project. But then, my mom decided she wanted chickens and again by some miracle we convinced my dad to get chickens. It was all very fun but since the coop was being used I couldn't have the doors. A few months later the chickens got eaten by some animal and the doors were mine once again! Much to Justin's chagrin I made him strap the chicken coop doors to the top of the car and we hauled them all the way back to Texas with us. Finally that big empty wall is filled!And if you notice off to the left my sister made me a super awesome nail string art sign of the US and there are hearts on it for each place we have lived. I LOVE it and it goes perfect with my new dining room decor.
Our next project was the canvas prints. After getting our family pictures done in November my dad was able to print them off at his work for FREE. But they weren't framed, it was just the canvas print. Turns out it was still going to be super expensive to get them framed so we did it ourselves. It was actually really easy and they turned out pretty good for first timers. They are not as tight as a professional job but you can't tell when they are hanging on the wall. Photography fee: Free Printing: Free Framing Fee: $20 You can't beat that folks!
This was a spur of the moment project but it is fabulous. On Monday we decided to move Matthew's bed into Landon's room and open up some more space in the boys room. I love the bunk bed we have but it takes up so much space. Now there is a TON of floor space and we were able to make a little reading nook too so the boys can actually read their books again. Koyle thinks it is pretty awesome that he has his own room.
I also wanted to give Matthew a little space of his own. Koyle is loud at night and always bugs Matthew and Matthew has some toys and different things that he doesn't like the little kids to get into. So now they each have a small space of their own. All of Matthew's toys and clothes are still in the other room but he still has a space to call his. So far it is working out great.
Look Mom-it worked! It actually works really well and I love it. I wish I had space to put one on every cupboard.
And just because everyone loves a baby smile every now and then! He is getting so big.
4 comments:
The chicken coop doors are genius!! I HATE having stuff on my fridge - maybe I should try something like that. Your house looks great. Love the gorgeous pics you took this year. I need to make it a priority to get real family pics done this year... Sigh.
That cute little face at the end is just perfect! Love it! I loving showing off all of my nephews (and neices!) to my roommates! The house pics are great too ;)
Love it all, let's start with the chicken coop doors. Love, would have kept one myself but I don't have any big walls in my house. Too many windows
String art- best Christmas present ever! Hard to believe they made it. It looks professional!
Magazine rack - use it up wear it out, make it do or do without. Love to see some of this stuff on my shelfs getting used.
I guess I should post all my "spring clean-up efforts". But it could be spring before I'm done.
I keep meaning to ask you about the string art, and whether you found a place to hang it. Glad you did. :) The doors look awesome too!
Post a Comment