| Jacque got a good group photo with her camera but this was the best I had! |
Jacque got to go through the temple the day after Christmas. She had been waiting for that day for a long time now and it was special to be there with her. Afterwards we enjoyed a yummy lunch at Tucanos too. I might also note that I have only had to pay a babysitter three times in my life, and twice it was to go to the temple. What's up with that? But money well spent.
It just so happens that Justin and I also got to celebrate 7 years over the break! I couldn't let a chance to take a little anniversary photo at the temple where we were married pass me by.
Fun story: After Justin and I got married we were driving across the country back to Virginia with all our stuff crammed into our little Honda Civic (good old Floyd) which had Just Married written on the window. We were at a gas station somewhere along the way when this old guy came up to us and said, "Just married huh? Let me tell you, if you can make it 7 years then you can make it your whole life!" Well, we made it 7 years so I guess we're set! It has been a crazy whirlwind of a 7 years and I have loved every minute of it. I could never do it without my sweet and ever doting husband by my side.
And now I will try to be clever and give you 7 things about us as a couple:
1. We eat ice cream together more nights than we don't
2. I call Justin "Bobby"-no reason, I just do.
3. We have never gotten in a real fight. We have been upset at each other but we have never had a yell it out, I don't like you fight.
4. We met 16 years ago, which means we have known each other longer than we haven't!
5. We still like to write letters to each other...although busy life makes these fewer between than we would like.
6. We have a lifetime game of California Speed going. We started playing this game together in middle school, but our official game started while we were engaged. I am ahead by 4: 72 to 68. We have an official scorecard with rules we keep.
7. Everyone told us it was a bad idea to get married during the holidays. Turns out they were right. We have only really celebrated our anniversary on the actual day once...
year 1- I was in Virginia at my roommates wedding
year 2- Justin was in Arizona at a football game
year 3-we actually celebrated and got a couple's massage!
year 4- we were with family for my cousin's funeral
year 5-7 driving across the barren wasteland of New Mexico home from Christmas
And there you have it folks! 7 years and still livin' on love. Though we may not seem romantic to some, our relationship couldn't be better. Here's to another 7!
5 comments:
LOVED this post. Congratulations on 7 years!! Wow! It is no secret that your love story is one of my favorites :) You two are the perfect example of what it means to be best friends with your spouse. Such a great couple!! Congrats again!
P.s. I think Troy and I babysat Mathew the one time you celebrated your anniversary? I remember you getting a couple's massage for some reason. Lol
Oh and that picture of you at the temple is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! Justin is a lucky man indeed!
So fun to read about your life through your blog. Sometimes we just don't talk about the things we write.
Congratulations on seven years. You two are seriously one of my favorite couples and I love learning from the way you parent and interact with each other.
Your Christmas post was great, too. It's SO fun watching cousin relationships grow. Now Koyle will fit right in with all Maggie plays and does (if she could pull him away from Henry). Henry was scared during the penguin movie, too. We were at the drive thru and he kept saying he wanted to go home. I very unsympathetically told him it wasn't real and we were staying until the end. (I could probably take another note from you there.) Love Landon in the grandkid picture. Your pictures with your sisters make me miss mine. Glad you had fun and even happier that your back in Lubbock!
-Steph
This was so cute!!!! I love that you guys have had a lifetime game of California Speed going.
Learn something new everyday! So grateful for a son-in-law that takes such good care of my Carissa. She is a keeper! Not to mention you make the cutest kids! With the cutest personalities.
We are blessed!
Post a Comment