Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Prego Update

Okay Lindy, I had to answer your request for a pregnancy update. Mostly to redeem myself from that camping picture.
33 weeks
Here is the latest photo. I am currently 35 weeks. I do not feel small at all, but I am actually measuring a little small. Still in the normal range, but on the small size of normal. I officially weigh more right now than I ever have in my life...and I still have a month to go. So that's awesome. We'll see how much  I gain by the end but so far I haven't gained more than I did with Matthew, I was just heavier to start with this time.
Some days I am SO uncomfortable and I have lots of contractions and baby's head feels like it wants to come out and I'm certain I won't make it to May 7. And then other days I feel fine, just normal pregnant and I fear I really will make it to May 7. Time will tell. Baby is still head down and I am gearing up for birth.
I went to a breathing and relaxation class the other night which was mildly helpful and not super instructive. But it did achieve my goal of getting me focused on what I should be and giving me the encouragement that I can do this. Natural childbirth-piece of cake. I've done it before, I can do it again. (Famous last words) Having done it before I know it's gonna be intense and painful and all that jazz, but I also know it won't last forever and then it will be gone and my body can do it. I am crossing my fingers for another quick labor like Matthew's. 
I recently invested in some Tums which has helped me sleep better at night. I have been super hot the past couple weeks and always wake up in the night sweating like its the middle of summer. 
My other pregnant friends have started having their babies and I am getting anxious to have my own. However, I still have a long list of things to do so I'm not too antsy yet...gotta get that crib set up. 

2 comments:

Lindy said...

I can't wait to meet that little baby!!

Evans Family said...

You can do it Cris! I really am a firm believer in the power of the mind so just picture your perfect birth! Address your fears and then let them go. You've got this!