Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Our week with Jamie

Last week Jamie came and spent the week with us. It is always so much fun to have family come and visit. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the most exciting trip she has ever taken, but the boys were thrilled and it was nice to have a friend around to pass the days. The boys were both SO excited when she got there. I don't think they stopped talking from the time we saw her at the airport until bed that night. We have a little tradition of giving our visitors a "tour" of our house and Matthew gets so excited to escort them around and show them everything. It is always the first thing we do.
 Another little tradition we have is taking people to the Ranching Heritage Center. We like this place mostly because it is free : ) and especially because it has a train!! I am pretty sure we have a picture of everyone who has visited standing in front of the train. Unfortunately, when we got there I discovered that my camera had no SD card in it. So I did get some pictures but I have to plug in my camera to get them off and I don't know where the cord is and am too lazy to find it right now. It was a little warm that day so we didn't spend too long looking around.
 One day we met Justin at school and gave her the 10 minute tour of the medical school. Then we drove out to the outlying part of Lubbock looking for a peach orchard...which we found only to discover they have no peaches because of all the late frosts this year. So we just ended up buying some peaches from a local produce store that was having a good sale, and I taught Jamie how to can peaches! Mostly I was glad to have the opportunity to can something while I had some extra help around, and getting to teach Jamie was an added bonus. I just know she is so glad she got to help! : )
We took advantage of the warm weather and took Jamie swimming a couple of times. A few times we went to our neighborhood pool and a few times we just blew up our pool and swam at home. Code for the boys played in the water and Jamie and I sat outside and roasted...I mean worked on our tans!
 Lest you think we were totally boring, we did take Jamie to the drive-in! Another of our favorite Lubbock activities. I believe Jamie said it was her first ever drive in movie. We went and saw Planes on opening night. Koyle was SOOOOO excited and kept asking about it all day. By the time we were finally ready to go he was so giddy and hyper that he laughed and joked and laughed the whole way there. It was a cute movie. We decided not to stay for the second movie though since the boys were still awake and mom and dad were a little tired of having them climb all over us. It was also pretty late. 
 One night we went out to dinner with some friends. We went to this BBQ place that was soooooo delicious. Definitely a new favorite I think and it is thankfully very affordable. I think this will be added to our list of things we do when family comes to visit.
 Other than that we did some baking and a lot of just hanging out. That is what we do a lot of in our life. The boys loved having Jamie here to play-mom gets boring after a while. (And I have not been in a good playing mood lately). We also took advantage of having a babysitter and went to the temple Saturday morning. Friday night Justin and Jamie went and did baptisms.
 On Sunday we let Matthew open his birthday present from Jamie because we wanted her to be able to give it to him in person. She got him Wreck it Ralph!! He was, and still is, SOOOO Excited. He had only ever seen that movie twice in his life, but he loves it. We have watched it many times now and have spent many afternoons playing Wreck it Ralph. Which involves piling up the couch  cushions or making a house/fort with them and then Matthew wrecks it and mom, playing Fix it Felix, rebuilds the house. Oh so much fun! Thanks Jamie! It was the perfect gift for him.
 We were sad to see Jamie go. Koyle cried and cried when she walked away at the airport. Thanks for spending a week with us! (I was horrible at taking pictures so this is all I got.)

1 comment:

Tami said...

I've got quite a few pictures on my phone that I should have gotten to you!! Sorry I didn't ;) I loved every second of it, thanks for having me :)
--Jamie