Matthew is 4 today! And we braved a birthday party. My mother did a candyland party for my little sister when she turned 4 and I have always wanted to do one for my kids someday. It was lots of fun; a little crazy, but lots of fun. I think the kids enjoyed it. Matthew really wanted Brittany to come and so I asked her to take some pictures since she has a nice camera. Which means I have a million pictures to post!

I tried to get some pictures of Matthew before the party started and he was just being silly.
A little preview of the game:
 |
| Gloppy and his chocolate swamp |
 |
| Grandma nuts peanuts. We did peanuts instead of peanut candy because Matthew really loves peanuts. |
 |
| Gumdrop Mountain-only there is no mountain. I didn't have enough toothpicks last night when I was making all the display things and I was not going back to the store. The kids didn't care or notice...nice thing about 4 year olds! |
 |
| The peppermint forest |
 |
| Lollipops |
 |
| Mr. Licorice's sticky spaces |

We started off with a little balloon fun!

I thought it would be fun to get a picture of the group. Henry did NOT want to join in my picture : )

They each got to color their own candy bag gingerbread man game piece. Felt a lot like preschool!

Then we headed out and I explained the game.

We were pretty flexible on the rules. And I quickly figured out that Justin was making the game go as he wanted(choosing double color cards for kids to pick, fudging whose turn it was next so no one got left behind, etc.).
In attendance:
 |
| Esther |
 |
| Miles |
 |
| Henry (he wasn't so sure about everything but did decided to join once he saw the other kids filling their bags with candy) |
 |
| The birthday boy |
 |
| Koyle |
 |
| Maddox |
 |
| Wesley |
 |
| Riggs |

Brittany was nice enough to take Miles and Koyle inside once they got bored with the game.

After we officially finished playing we let the kids run around on the board for a few minutes and get some extra candy if they wanted.

For King Candy's Castle we got to come inside and decorate our own cupcakes.

The kids got colored ice cream cones during the game for Princess Frostine and we filled them with ice cream once we got inside.

In true 4 year old fashion they all took about 2 licks of ice cream, and 1 bite of cupcake...but you can't not do cupcakes and ice cream.

I think Koyle ate the most cupcake and ice cream of all of them...why am I not surprised? My little sweet tooth.

Then it was time for presents. This was the only part of the party that got a little out of hand. I would have done it different if I did it again. As it was it was fine, but they sat there for about 2 minutes and they were all running around the house and playing while we tried to get the rest of the presents opened. Oh well.

Matthew was SERIOUSLY SPOILED. Henry gave him a Farm game that is like Hungry Hippos only with farm animals. Already played it, already love it!

Esther got him some food in a cute basket for his new store. So perfect! She also gave him a cute ladybug board game.

Riggs got him a bell for his new bike...

Wesley got him a bubble gun and some hot wheels cars.

Grandma Tanya made him these awesome masks and superhero cape. He LOVED them; put them right on and raced around the house like a superhero.

Grammi got him food for his store also. They boys already started setting it all up outside and I know we are going to have so much fun playing with all his new store stuff.

Koyle got him some wooden train sets that you paint and then build.

Grammi and grandpa also got him a new bike helmet! This is Riggs adamantly shaking Matthew and trying to get Matthew to understand that all of this new bike stuff is for his new bike! Matthew still hadn't caught on.

And then he saw it!!

His very own big bike. He calls it his "air bike" because it has air in the tires. He has arrived in life folks, he's got a bike with real tires. : )
Trying to get a group picture:
 |
| Stop shooting arrows |
 |
| Stop picking your nose |
 |
| Over here guys! |
 |
| Ahh, bag it. Matthew with his loot |
Then the kids had about 30 minutes to play. It was so much fun and we are so thankful for all his friends who helped make it a special, happy day for him.
6 comments:
GREAT PARTY!!! Best ideas ever.
Love the pics ;)
Oh, that's just AWESOME! Sounds like fun (4-yr-old style).
Those pics of Henry are him to a 'T.' Maybe you can have a better influence on him with preschool.
_Steph
LOOOVE IIIIT!!!! Best party ever!! until the next one.....
This is so cute! You are such an awesome mom. Love his "air bike." Well I got some hair flowers for you in Hawaii, I need to get those to you. Maybe when Brent comes down for an interview:) Oh wait, I'm coming to that one too. So see you then... hopefully.
He is getting so big and quiet an handsome little guy!
Okay, that candyland idea is adorable!! Leave it to you to be so dang on the ball. Birthday parties?? Nope, we don't do those at my house. ;)
So happy that Matthew got a big boy bike! How fun!
Post a Comment