July always means lots of time with the Stimpsons. Missy, Baylee, and Hadlee were able to come up earlier than we expected so we still got our hang out time. On the 4th of July we drove up to tablerock to watch the fireworks from a distance. (Hadlee is extremely terrified of fireworks)

The Wrangler is an infamous little burger shop in Fairfield where we stop every year on the way to and back from our reunion. I have pictures of me as a little girl with my cousins in front of this bunny so I had to get one with my boys.


The swimming hole. Justin somehow convinced me to wash my hair here on day. It was very cold and I made quite a scene getting in. But once I did I swam across to the island, something I don't do very often because I don't get in the river water very often.

Aunt Sandy planned a teddy bear picnic for all the kids and it was awesome!

Out came the giant teddy bear while we sang the teddy bear picnic song; then we followed him into the woods.

Our reunion was big this year (between 80-90 people) so there were a lot of little kids.

Egg carton lunches...adorable! And the kids sat and ate them really well while Sandy read stories and sang some songs.

Amber and Becca. And Remington-the cutest little boy. If we lived close together I would totally want Matthew to be friends with him. His younger brother is equally adorable.
8 years ago (Mandi & Ryan were engaged, and Justin and I were dating) we took a hike to some hot springs my uncle told us about. It was quite the adventure. We took the low trail (by my uncle's advice) and had to cross the river 5 times. We also left late so we were hiking back in complete darkness. We have always wanted to go back and it worked out this year. We were smart though and took the high trail (no river crossings) and left earlier. It is about a 3 mile hike in and SO worth it.

The hot water comes down over the rocks making the perfect hot shower in the mountains.

The hike in was beautiful. This is the view from the hot springs;tt overlooks the river below.

Sisters! Since Mandi is 7 months pregnant we let her stay home for the hike.

A photo opp with dad.

Me and the hubby. I'm digging the 90's sweater around the waist look here.

Baylee came with us which was a ton of fun. Had she really known what she was in for we probably wouldn't have been able to talk her into coming, but never complained the whole time...although she did ask, "Are we there yet?"

It was starting to get dark on the way out but I had seen this patch of purple wildflowers on the way in and couldn't pass up a good cheesy romantic picture. My sisters laughed at me and told me I live in a fairy tale life; I'll take it!

It would have been better in the daylight when the colors were more vibrant.

Chicken pox? No mosquito bites! Koyle's head must have sweet blood.

Fishing!

The 'bath tub' is a little hot springs off the side of the road where we often go to clean up. It has a plug at the bottom you can pull so it will drain and then fill back up so the next person will have clean water. I haven't ever used the tub much but this year I found it very handy to wash off my very dirty boys.

Koyle LOVED the hot springs and was always asking to go to the "hot tub".
Like always it was a wonderful week in the mountains, full of good food, great views, lots of games and outdoorness, awesome family, and lots of relaxing and reconnecting with what matters most in life.
1 comment:
I loved all the posts. It was great to see you guys this summer. The boys are adorable and getting so very, very big. I can't believe that Matthew is already 4.
Post a Comment