Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Phoenix

On our way home we drove through Phoenix so we could see Kimi's sweet new baby boy. He is precious! If I wasn't baby hungry before, I am now. I spent lots of time holding him. The boys loved the baby as well; oddly enough I think Matthew is just as baby hungry as I am. He is always asking me when I am going to have another baby and he talks about how cute they are and all the things we can do with a baby. So he loved holding his new cousin.

Koyle loved holding the baby too and would frequently ask for a turn. Kimi got MUCH better pictures than me : )

Kevin and his family love roller hockey and they have a court in their yard to play. The boys wasted no time jumping on and playing when we got there. I graciously opted out and held the baby in the shade.

Group picture. This is a perfect illustration of why we need a new camera. This picture looks faded out and fuzzy, but the one from Kimi's camera is clear and bright. I am kind of in love with the old wood background from the shed.

I was so glad we got to spend some time with Rylee and Brian since they didn't get to come up to Idaho this year. Rylee brought out the infamous Chevron cars and the boys played with them non stop.

Matthew loved the pool of course, especially their surfboard. Kimi and Michael (and A.J.) came over one day to swim and we had a blast cooling off in the pool. That night we had a night swim to try out the cool lights they have.

Matthew got really good at paddling on his knees and then standing up and riding the surf board across the pool. He is also getting really efficient at swimming to the side on his own when he jumps in.

I also got to go to IKEA!! I had been looking forward to that all summer. I was limited to buying small items since our car was already packed to the max but I am loving all my new treasures. Justin also found a holster for his gun that he really liked so we both scored.
And I might add that Brian took us out for sushi one night. Justin was in heaven; I tried more than I usually do but once again decided that I am not a big fan of Japanese food.
It was sad to say goodbye to our family that we won't get to see again for a while, but we are so happy we had the chance to visit. 

4 comments:

Brendon said...

Lots of new posts (somehow I missed them). Sounds like you had so much fun. Poor Koyle's mosquito-bitten face & Matthew's nail. Crazy! Guess it adds to the memories.

Glad your back!

Brendon said...

-Steph

Shaina said...

I had to chuckle when you mentioned your baby-hunger. It comes so unexpectedly, huh? I feel it too right now :) I'm glad you guys had a good trip--it looks like it was intense and fun!

Evans Family said...

Dude! I totally want to swim in Brian & Missy's pool! Guess we'll have to make a trip down. :) And, I second the cool shed background. Too bad you live too far away to take advantage of it.