The weekend of graduation my mom and I took a quick road trip to Rexburg for Maddi's dance recital. I loved getting to see her all prettied up and she did a great job. I got my hair cut and eyebrows waxed at the school which I had been looking forward to for a very long time. Mandi came back to Boise with us and stayed for 2 weeks so Maddi could do swimming lessons. The kids had a blast together; Matthew adores his cousins Maddi and Brynnley and they play so great together.

Trenton turned 12 and received the Priesthood. Such a special day for a young man. Matthew was very interested in it all and it was a perfect learning/example opportunity for him. We had a family dinner afterwards and Trenton got out his 4H sheep to show all the kids.

My mom gave us the task of making strawberry jam with the berries from the garden. I apparently can't read directions and the jam didn't set up because I did it wrong. So we used the strawberry syrup and made strawberry stuffed French toast with strawberry syrup...so delicous!

The kids played and played until they dropped. One night the kids were all playing in the office and Koyle kept laying down behind the chair. I think he was ready for bed.

One day we invited Maddi and Brynnley over to do the slip and slide and Grammi Tami's. We should really call it the slide and slip though!


They put the hose down the slide and then would slide down onto the tarp. Hours of fun in the sun!

On Saturday Grandma and Grandpa took us to the zoo. Who knew the zoo could be so fun? We spent all day there. We had a picnic lunch, fed the giraffes, rode the merry-go-round, spent a long time in the butterfly encounter, and wore ourselves out looking at all the animals. Afterwards we all got a snow cone!
A couple of times we did sleepovers. Matthew loves sleepovers with his cousins; mostly because he gets to stay up late and watch a movie I think.
We did a few projects, went to the park, and mostly just spent time hanging out together. It was sad for them to go home, but not for long because that very day our Jones cousins came in town! Life in Idaho is never dull, that's for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment