I want to remember their cute faces forever!
Their love for Trains. Koyle has definitely followed in his brother's footsteps in this department. It has been kind of fun because Matthew has been playing with his trains more often now that Koyle always wants to play them; and Koyle is finally old enough to actually play with them instead of just destroying the track. It has also helped that Daddy has started studying at school again so we have reclaimed our train room!
And of course, Koyle's Love for Mickey Mouse. I need to get a video of how he says it.
And this is the inspiration for this post: Koyle's scrunchy face. He used to do it all the time, and more pronounced about 3-4 months ago. I dropped the ball and never captured it on camera. I finally caught this one of him the other day, and while it is adorable doesn't quite capture the essence of the scrunchy face.
But perhaps this video will:
Bath time is a happy hour at our house. The older the boys get the less screaming and fighting it entails, and slowly more interactive play emerges. Like this little game I caught them playing!
This picture is to document Eddie the Eagle. My mom gave me these 4 bird puppets 2 years ago for Christmas. Actually, she gave them to Koyle. And he loved them as a baby. They were our go to toy for church. He would snuggle them, and chew on them all day. They have been played with on and off since then, but we got them out the other day and Matthew discovered a new best friend. Now I find myself wearing Eddie around all day and talking in my "puppet" voice. Koyle still loves to snuggle them and carry them around.
Other things to remember:
Koyle: Loves fish, mickey mouse, trains, basketball, golf, driving, outside
Dogs-he always has to eat any kind of snack off the floor like a puppy
Coloring-he loves to color on the white board and even enjoys coloring books and his magnadoodle
Bananas, ham, yogurt, ice cream, cereal...everything else is hit and miss. He is kind of a finicky eater which results in most meals ending up on the floor. (Watch out Grandma's floor, Koyle's coming)
Nany (candy)
Is super attached to Dad, and Mom. Has a hard time being left, even though he will calm down shortly after. When we come back for him he gets so emotional its a weird mix between joy, fear, sadness, and relief.
Loves dancing and music
Definitely has a naughty streak in him
He prefers to make interesting sounds for words (drink, ice cream)
Books
Watching home videos
Matthew: Loves dragons, preschool, computer time, movies, trains, books
Picking out his own clothes. He also enjoys matching Koyle
Moody and grumpy, but adorable at the same time
Always has a plan or a schedule of how the day is going to go
Loves putting things on the calendar and anticipating their arrival
Golf- he loves when Justin takes video of him golfing and then he can watch them. I think it makes him feel cool like the real golfers on t.v....which he loves to watch
Loves Idaho and frequently talks about it
Both of the boys will listen for the sound of the garage door to open every evening and run out to meet Justin in the garage. Matthew always says, "I knew you'd come home!"
His friend Riggs, and Grammy Tami
Music and singing
Painting and art projects
Still struggling with potty training...although we did have a good week
Fruit and Vegetable Lover-seriously
He is so smart and always thinking, you can tell by the things he says and comes up with
Baking cookies
Some days I spend at home just playing with the boys are long and hard. Other days are like a gift from heaven and I don't want them to end. I wish everyone knew them like I do, because then you would agree I have the greatest boys ever!
3 comments:
I love how obedient Henry is whenever a puppet tells him to do something. We love hand puppets around here, too.
That idea rings true, "Some days are long and hard while others a gift from heaven." Well put!
I know what you mean about the ups and downs of motherhood. When it's good it's GOOD, and when it's rough, it's ROUGH. But oh so worth it! And the scrunchy face is super cute.
Oh man...they are sooo stinking cute I can't even stand it!!! Love those boys, can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment