I have finally decide to embrace the fact that Koyle only takes one relatively short nap a day. I was talking to a friend the other day who has three kids, ages 3, 20 months, and 1 month. All of her kids still takes naps every day and her problem was that once they went to sleep, they would sleep for too long! And she would usually have to wake them up. Yeah...so not my problem. I guess God knew I could handle it, or something like that. But attitude goes a long way so if I just think of one nap as the norm then it doesn't seem like a failed day when Koyle only sleeps for one hour. And randomly today he slept in until 8 o'clock!! He usually wakes up at 6:15 so this was a welcome surprise. I know better than to hope it will happen 2 days in a row.
Matthew is...well...he's 3. We love him to death and he is cute and hilarious. But he is also whiny, emotional, rambunctious and defiant. Not to mention potty training. He stretches me every day as a person and as a mother. I guess God knew I could handle that too. Or something. I wish I was better at documenting the awesome things he says all the time. But I did want to record the deer hunting game. I don't think I have shared this before. Matthew LOVES to play deer hunting.
Sometimes he is the deer and sometimes he is the hunter. When he is the deer he will hide behind the couch, the hallway wall, or the hope chest usually. Then he will slowly creep out pretending to eat grass and the hunter has to shoot him. We have two kinds of guns we use most often. The yellow bat that we just make shooting noises for. Or the buzz lightyear dart guns that don't actually shoot the darts anymore. When you use this gun you have to manually throw the darts to shoot the deer. A very important point for Matthew. Then when you kill the him (he decides whether it takes one shot, or 10 to kill him) he will fall down on the floor. Then you are required to walk over and check out your deer and make comments about what a nice deer you shot.
When Matthew is the hunter, the game goes pretty much the same. But I love what he does when he shoots a deer. So after we fall down dead he will come over and check out the deer. Then if we are on our stomach he will roll us over onto our back (which is hilarious because we are obviously to heavy for him but it's great to let him try for a minute before rolling over.) Then he will cut open our stomach and take out the guts. And often he will then cook you over the fire and eat you. We better end up in Idaho some day because the kid hasn't even been hunting with his dad yet and it is already the coolest thing ever. I fear for the day when he is old enough that I actually have to send him off to the mountains with a real gun.
And tonight Koyle was holding the bat and shooting Matthew, making the noises and everything. It was so adorable.
Oh, and I might add that sometimes Matthew is a bear. He likes to attack the hunter when he is a bear. It doesn't matter how many times you shoot him or cut him with your knife, he will still pretend to attack and eat you until the hunter dies.
And on that lovely note, I will say good night!
8 comments:
Haha I love this. I don't even like hunting but this is just too cute. Of course you're going to end up in idaho! We need to be in the same place again someday!
I love this! and ah! on nap a day. Boo. And for one hour. Boo again. Sorry about that. Some kids I guess just dont need it right? Crazy kids :)
Oh my gosh. I think I was meant to have only girls. I don't know what I would do with a little boy. hahaha!
de ja vu - You just brought a flood of memories to my brain--I was laughing till I cried. They definitely have some Justin running through their veins--those games provided hours and hours and hours of entertainment for my three little boys! Enjoy the pretend games and don't blink cuz they really do want to go for reals one day. Can't wait to see those two little monkeys!!!
Oh my! This is why I am scared to have boys...so funny though. Can't wait to play deer hunting with him at Christmas. :)
Every time I hear stories about those boys I miss them more!
This is hilarious, and so cute. I love that Matthew. But I agree with Sarah. I have no idea what I would do with boys. Take out the guts and cook you over the fire?! :)
I'm just hoping no random do-gooder reads this blog and goes on a rant about what a horrible mother you are for playing killing games with your boys.
This do gooder thinks you're a wonderful mother for feeding their imagination. Proof positive that you don't need toys, you need a MOM!
Post a Comment