Tonight I went to a cardio dance class at the gym. I have always wanted to check this class out but it is on Wednesday nights which is scouts and Relief Society meeting, so I'm not able to go. But this week due to the Nativity (more info on that later) everything was canceled. So I jumped at the chance to try out cardio dance. I wasn't sure what to expect but imagined it to be like modern day Jazzercise. And I was right. But lest you think that means it was dumb, it was not. It was fabulous. Not everybody would enjoy it but it was right up my ally. I enjoy this type of exercise because its not mundane repetition. It's fun and it engages my brain. I have to listen to the beat of the music, follow the teacher, figure out the coordination of the moves, push through the pain of using my over soft and out of shape muscles, and try to look good while doing it. Talk about a total body workout, it even includes my brain!
And, it totally kicked my butt. I am not in good shape-I will be the first to admit that. So it's not hard to make my muscles burn. Which makes the fact that I have been to many classes here that have done nothing for me, that much sadder. But this one got me. Not only did it burn but the fat jiggling around while doing fast feet is always a good motivation to keep going. So here's to being sore and hoping that this class will be on a different night of the week next semester.
3 comments:
Tami and I went to zumba this week! It was her first time :) lots of fun!
Ha! I am so different in my requirements for "fun" exercise--you'd LAUGH your head off if you ever saw me try to be all-over coordinated enough to dance. I prefer the straighforward rhythm of plain ole running. The challenge for me there is not to trip and fall :)
I'm glad you have a way to exercise that's fun for you!
I wish I could go with you! I've loved my turbo kick, but it is still a little repetitive for me too. If I can't dance then I would rather do pilates or yoga. I like focusing on my muscles and what my body is doing. I think thats the dancer in me. :)
Post a Comment