Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Voting and Ding-Dings

Today was voting day and as we were driving I had this conversation with Matthew:
M: Where are we going? To Grammy Tami's?
C: No, we are going to vote. Voting is where we get to choose who our leader will be.
M: Like in Peter Pan!
C: Yeah, I guess like in Peter Pan. Who do they chose as their leader on Peter Pan?
M: Tinkerbell

Random, but cute! There was a train crossing right next to the church where we voted so afterwards I walked with the boys over so we could look at the ding-dings (railroad crossing signs) and let Matthew touch and walk on the train track. Well, it was our lucky day because what do you know, a train came! We got to see its light and watch the lights blink and the ding-dings ding, and see the hands come down; we got to wave to the engineer and feel the wind on our face as the train rushed by. We got to see all the different cars as they passed, and then watch it fade away into the distance. Justin said it was like he got to live a youtube video! He was one happy little boy.

3 comments:

Liz and Lorin without Borders said...

Oliver called them ding dings the other day. He never called them that before Matthew. cute.

J&K Gallacher said...

Oh how fun and cute! I love the things they say. An I totally think you should reconsider going Utah...especially if we end up coming back to BYU. (Okay so my motives are purely selfish...I think it's awesome to live outside of Utah and you'll love it). Congrats on choosing Virginia!

Kimi Sheffer said...

So cute! We miss having Matthew around.