Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dear Wymount,

It has been a wonderful 4 years. I remember the first time I walked into my apartment here at 148, looking around, taking a deep breathe, and saying, "Okay, let's do this!" And we did. It hasn't been all a party, when is life ever that way? My two beautiful babies were born here and this home will always hold a special place in my heart.
Things I am going to miss about Wymount:
  • My balcony. Sitting out in our lawn chairs enjoying the sunshine and visiting with friends and neighbors who pass by.
  • My pantry. I have officially been spoiled. What am I going to do without my pantry?
  • Being able to vacuum my ENTIRE apartment using the same outlet! Which leads me to my next point...
  • Small apartment means it only takes a few hours to completely deep clean the house!
  • Our field. It really did feel like our field. Matthew being the only kid old enough to walk in our building, we pretty much had free rein most of the time-and we took advantage of that!
  • My huge window in the front room.
  • Going to the playground in the quad to visit with friends and play!
  • Walking to the MTC and sitting on our corner waiting for daddy to get off work.
  • Living within walking distance of the temple

Things I am NOT going to miss about Wymount:

  • Carrying my laundry through the rain, snow and heat with kids in tow, or late at night so I don't have to tow the kids along.
  • Having the stupid washing machines stain my clothes all the time.
  • Plug ins that are so old nothing actually plugs into them.
  • The STUPID Wymount administrators. I quote from a newsletter "Sidewalk chalk is considered graffiti." Seriously? Need I say anymore. I better not cause you don't want to get me started.
  • The carpet cleaners. Grrr.
  • Endlessly tripping over things because there is just not enough room on the floor for one, let alone two kiddos and all their crap.
  • Hot summers with no air conditioning.
  • The super loud, super annoying toilet, bathroom fan, and heater.
  • Having my kitchen table right next to my couch. This is a horrible idea. Especially when your child has to sit on the arm rest as his chair because there is not enough room for your family to be around the table. My couch is endlessly dirty.
  • Having my bed boxed in on 3 sides because my bedroom is too small.

Well, I'm sure I could keep going on either list. But sleep is calling. I still have a lot of work to be done if I am going to win that gold star I am trying to earn for the smoothest move ever. I will just end by saying, there is a special comradery among those of us who have lived in Wymount for more than a brief moment. All you have to say is, "Oh Wymount" and they know exactly what you mean: the good and the bad. Justin and I have been in our ward longer than everybody except one family. We have seen so many people come and go in our time it is weird to finally be the ones leaving. It is with a surprising tinge of sadness that I say farewell to my Wymount home. You will be remembered with fondness...mostly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better get some pictures up with that post. You know for memories sake. Trust me, it won't be all that clear in 28 years.

Emily said...

Amen, sister. I LOVE this post. Definitely a love-hate relationship!

Evans Family said...

Never lived in Wymount, but I remember how weird it was to turn in my last final and walk off of campus as a student for the last time. Then, we got in a car and drove away... In a few years you will just laugh about all those annoying Wymount memories and cherish the good ones. :)

J&K Gallacher said...

Oh how I agree! What a great place...and what do you know? We MIGHT be going back. Oh dear. Somebody stop me...or help me find a place that's a better deal! I'm glad you are finally moving on. :) Have you decided where you're going yet? Hope packing/cleaning/moving goes smoothly and you get that gold star! Wish I could be there to help.

Tiffany said...

You definitely earned your gold star! I am sad today, knowing you are possibly gone from UT forever. I will cry if I think about it too much. :)

Liz and Lorin without Borders said...

He he he! I could a big list to this. How about the sounds of the neighbors in their bathrooms if your super noisy fan isn't on? Or my internet, or lack there of. Things I like? Friends! Miss you!