Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Picture Update


Brothers! I love my two boys, and I think it is adorable how much they love each other.
This is what happens when a certain little boy refuses to take a nap: the second he stops moving he falls asleep on the couch, usually late in the afternoon. That has been happening more often these days. But really I posted this picture to update you on potty training. We did good for a while and I even thought we were over the hill and cruising to success at one point, but then Matthew started going backwards. He kept getting worse and worse until he even started wetting the bed during naps which he had never done from day 1. And since we are moving in a few weeks I decided that instead of continuing with the madness just to have it all undone when we move, I would just save myself some sanity and stop. So he is back in diapers which he wasn't very happy about to start with, but now he thinks it is just great. I am not minding having my freedom back; now I can go out and get things done without having to have the stars align in my favor. It's a little sad to think I spent 9 weeks all for naught, but oh well. I can't control life and it just ended up not being a good time for us to potty train. Maybe he will do it this summer, but I am not going to push it again until we move at the end of the summer. Yeah for 2 in diapers-again!
Matthew LOVES to paint! He is also learning to enjoy coloring in his coloring books more. Mostly he loves to use markers. Occasionally I can get him to use crayons but not for very long. He is starting to really draw things now and he can tell me what the lines represent and that has been fun. He is best at drawing train tracks (surprise!) and the sun. He also can draw a pretty good mountain : )

Snowman!! We finally got some snow the other day at a time when we were not out of town, it wasn't Sunday, and daddy was home to go out and play with us! Justin had fun building the snowman for the boys, and Matthew had the most fun building a fort (which I didn't get a picture of).
Koyle drools all the time and his shirts always get soaking wet which then rub against his chest and irritate his already tender skin. So one night I found a way to solve the problem. I called it the Santa Clause : )Koyle loves to suck on his toes. I attribute it to the fact that he was a breach baby, but he still enjoys having his legs up and curled in a ball. He does it when he nurses all the time. It makes him fun to cuddle.
Koyle got his first goose egg the other night. The day before Matthew had pulled Koyle off the couch by his feet, slamming Koyle's head into the floor. Our hard, Wymount floors are not very forgiving either. Well, apparently he didn't learn his lesson because the next day he pulled Koyle's blanket that he was sitting on off the couch, slamming Koyle into the floor again-only this time he was face first. Poor little boy. We find that we have to be VERY specific with Matthew. He didn't pull Koyle off by his feet-he pulled his blanket. (He pointed out the difference to us when he was getting in trouble). Sigh.
Every time I see my kids sleep (which is usually every night because I check on them before I go to bed) I fall in love with them more than before. There is something so precious and pure about a sleeping baby.
Hanging out at the Leemasters waiting for Tiffany to have her baby. We are sure going to miss hanging out with our cousins when we move.

2 comments:

Zachary and Rachel Toomey said...

Look at your boys growing up soo fast!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhahaha that whole goose egg story reminded me of when he was jumping of the stairs to the family room and dad got mad at him so he jumped off the lower step. He also explained, as he was getting in trouble, that it was a different step. That kid is way too smart for his own good!
Lindy