We have had another eventful week and a half. Last Friday my sister came up to spend the weekend with us and to celebrate her birthday. It was really fun having her around. We made a delicious carrot cake and played some games the night of her birthday. On Saturday we went up to Bridal Veil Falls and trudged through the snow with the stroller but it felt so good to get out and get some fresh air. Jacque and I also worked all day on putting together a genealogy chart to display at my grandma's funeral. Jacque did an awesome job and it turned out great!
Sunday after church we drove up to Rupert and met the rest of my family there. That night we went to Grandma Koyle's viewing and then Monday morning we had the funeral in Gooding, followed by a lunch, and then we drove back to Burley for the burial. It was a very nice funeral and it was good to see family again. I love my Koyle family and I couldn't help but feeling a little sad knowing we will never all be together again like that. That night I drove back to Boise with my parents and Justin came home.
With everything that has been going on lately I really felt the desire to do what I could to help my family. The thing I have to give of most right now is time, so I went and spent the week at home to offer my help and support. I was able to get the house all clean, and spend some time with my aunt, as well as cook dinner, do laundry, and just be there. It was a fun week. We got to go and watch Lindy dance which is always a joy!
Friday I drove back to Rupert with my aunt and uncle. Justin met us there and then we continued on to Rexburg to spend the weekend with my sister and her family. We have had this trip planned for a long time and despite all our unexpected travels lately I still wanted to come because it is most likely my last chance to come visit for a long time. Saturday I went in to the school and got a hair makeover. I am LOVING it so far. My hair had gotten so thick it was out of control-really. I couldn't do anything with it. We probably took half of my hair off (not exaggerating) and it is actually manageable now. I will post a picture as soon as I take one but my camera is dead right now. Saturday night we went out bowling and had a great time. We are headed back home on Monday and the countdown to move date will begin. I need to start working on my list of things that need to get done before April.
Moral of the Story: All week as I was "helping" my family I couldn't stop thinking that I was the one receiving help. I had a wonderful week with my children and I was able to get a lot of things done. Giving service to others really does make you feel better about your own life. And being around people I love always makes me feel happy and in control of life as well. So, if ever you are feeling in a slump or like life is getting a little crazy, find something that you have to offer, and then give it to someone in need.
4 comments:
Where are you guys moving? We need to catch up.
I love this. You're a great example!
You're the best cris! Thank you so much for everything you did last week. It was fun to spend time with you and i can't wait until this summer! We're going to have so much fun together :)
Lindy
You're the best cris! Thank you so much for everything you did last week. It was fun to spend time with you and i can't wait until this summer! We're going to have so much fun together :)
Lindy
Post a Comment