Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, December 19, 2011

Perfect Timing?

We had a lovely, normal day today. We did a bunch of laundry, picked up, visited with some friends, etc. This evening Matthew started to get super whiny and was crying about everything. He kept wanting to watch movies and every time we told him no it was a meltdown. Justin had work tonight so he left, wishing me luck for the evening. Before he went we talked about if there was anything I really needed to get done tonight to be ready to go on Wednesday; we decided we were pretty much on track. So I thought I would get through the night with a whiny Matthew, do the dishes real fast after he went to bed, and then go to bed early and actually get some sleep tonight! WRONG. Matthew was actually fairly pleasant most of the evening but would randomly just start whining about things. Eventually he kept saying that his owie hurt. I would ask him to show me where his owie was but he would just say, "No, daddy fix it." Finally one time he told me that his tummy hurt. So I set him up on the couch to rest and turned on the t.v. About 5 minutes later, he was puking...everywhere...all over himself, the couch, and the carpet. Awesome. I set Koyle down real fast and rushed Matthew into the bathroom and cleaned the poor fellow up, gave him a quick rinse off in the tub, and got some clean pajamas on him. Once that was all taken care of I attempted to clean off the couch and carpet, then after getting Koyle calmed down, I washed out his clothes and blanket. Matthew was doing fine after this and was hanging out on the couch watching a movie while I was trying to get Koyle to sleep. I finally got Koyle down and I read scriptures with Matthew and then put him to bed. Of course Koyle had woken back up by this point crying and about 5 minutes later Matthew started crying, "I spit on my pillow." Sure enough, he had thrown up all over his bed. (Keep in mind that I had just washed his bedding yesterday and gotten his bed all put back together this afternoon.) Awesome again. So I cleaned him up again and then tended to Koyle who was once again screaming. Finally Justin got home from work, Koyle went to sleep, I rinsed out the bedding, and we got Matthew to bed. Off to the laundry room again to wash all the pukey clothes and rags.
So where is the perfect timing in all of this you ask? It just so happens that Tami had brought the carpet cleaner with her this weekend and we were planning to steam wash all of our couches tonight after the kids went to bed. Perfect timing for Matthew to puke all over the couch! Now my couch is nice and clean again, as is the carpet. All is well, except that I have to wait for laundry to finish drying so no going to bed early for me. Hopefully Matthew sleeps through the night and is all better when he wakes up.

4 comments:

Mary Ludwig said...

Wow. You amaze me. I can't believe you actually found a silver lining in that cloud. I thought the perfect timing thing was a sarcastic comment (which is where I would have taken it). What a cheerful person you are. :) Thanks for this! Hope Matthew feels better soon! Especially if you are going to be driving in a car. Let me know if you need anything! I have some pedialyte that I opened for Quinn a while ago but haven't had to use- in case Koyle gets it too.

Shaina said...

Awwwww boooo! Way to find the silver lining, though. Barfy toddlers are so unpredictable! You never know when or where they're going to blow. It's kind of like a semi-potty trained toddler...

Evans Family said...

Hmmm....whats with puking kids??? Mine have been puking too, and they were kind enough to pass it along to me. :) I was thinking that the perfect timing was that now you are headed to Boise and since Justin gets everything he'll be puking the whole way and then the whole Jones family will get sick and you will ruin Christmas! hahaha okay, just kidding. I really hope no one else gets it and the rest of the week is perfect!

Zachary and Rachel Toomey said...

You are one good mom Carissa! I would have had a meltdown myself.