Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, November 14, 2011

Quotable Quotes

Matthew has been full of funny things lately; the kid is always making us laugh. Here are a few tidbits to remember:
  • Yesterday morning Matthew woke up saying there were monsters in his room. He didn't seem particularly scared about that fact, but he kept telling us over and over that there were "monsters in there."
  • Matthew really hates the air from the heater blowing on him. Our heater is ridiculously obnoxious in this apartment. But whenever the air turns on he will run away from it and he always tells us to make it stop getting him. Last night he was laying quietly in bed when suddenly he started crying. I went in there and we had this conversation. C: What's wrong? M: I crying. C: Why are you crying? M: The air is too loud. Ha ha! I tried not to laugh while I was comforting him through such a hardship.
  • While reading the scriptures the other night it was talking about the mountains. So we asked Matthew, "What do you do in the mountains?" He sat and thought for a minute but couldn't come up with an answer. So Justin asked, "Do we go fishing in the mountains?" Matthew said, "No dad, go fishing in the water." "Oh," Justin said. "Do we ride the four wheeler in the mountains?" "No dad, on the road."
  • This morning Justin kept tripping over one of Matthew's toys. After about the 4th time Justin picked it up and started carrying it to the bedroom while grumbling under his breath. Matthew called out, "Dumb toy Dad? Dumb toy?"
  • And the all classic "Boom shaka laka" Matthew uses this all the time when he is excited or to show that he likes something. Seriously the cutest thing ever.
  • Whenever I am telling Matthew what a good boy he has been and thank you for listening to mom, he always responds with "Go see dinosaurs"
  • He loves his baby brother but this is what he always asks to do with Koyle: "I throw the air, catch him, up in the sky, whee, I catch him."
  • Whenever somebody (whether real life or in pictures) has their eyes closed Matthew assumes they are asleep. Last night Justin, Matthew and I were all laughing together about something. When I laugh, my eyes will squint and look closed. So while we were laughing Matthew grabbed my face and said, "wake up mom, no sleeping," as if laughing and talking in my sleep was a normal thing.
  • Matthew has recently taken an interest in the temple. He loves to sing the primary song, "I Love to See the Temple" and he always asks to drive by the temple and see Moroni. So we frequently drive by the temple on our way to go run errands (helpful that temple is literally across the street from us). Now he keeps asking to go inside the temple. I have tried to explain to him that he has to be bigger and older before he can go in. This morning while talking about it he said, "I bigger mom. I two. I bigger now. Go inside the temple." Hopefully he keeps his love for the temple so that he can go inside when he is old enough.

2 comments:

Evans Family said...

okay, those are the cutest things ever! And Koyle is getting chubby!

Kevin and Kimi said...

You make me excited for when Michael decides to start saying funny things.