Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2 Month Stats

Koyle had his two month check-up right before we left for Thanksgiving. I love to use these times to document what he is doing. I find myself going back and looking at Matthew's all the time to remember when, or how we did things when he was little.

Growth: He weighed in at 12 lbs. 5 oz and he was 23.4 inches long. He's a growing boy!
Eating: Koyle nurses every 2-3 hours, and we give him one bottle at night which he takes great. His spitting up hasn't been bad. He still will do his gagging thing sometimes but it seems to be getting better and doesn't cause much problem.
Sleep: This is my favorite one, because Koyle is doing great in this area. He will typically sleep from around 11 to 5, then nurse and go back to sleep until around 7. If he does wake up at night he will wake up around 3 to nurse and go back to sleep. Koyle is even known to go to sleep for the night around 6 or 7, and just wake up to nurse around 11. This means that I am functioning quite well since I almost always get a decent night's rest. The boys are doing great in the same room and we never have a problem with Koyle waking Matthew up or vice versa. Koyle is starting to settle into a more predictable nap schedule...sometimes. He will usually take a short nap about an hour after he wakes up in the morning, and then he will go down for a longer nap around 10 or 11. Sometimes he will take a long afternoon nap (around 3 or 4 hours), and sometimes he will take a couple of shorter naps. Then he usually will take another nap in the evening around 5 or 6. Koyle sleeps great anywhere: his crib, his rocker chair, the couch, my bed, or the carseat. Sometimes he will put himself to sleep, and sometimes he has to be held for quite a while. It balances out pretty good because sometimes I like to hold him while he sleeps, and sometimes I want to put him down and get things done.
Social: Koyle is smiling and cooing a lot these days. He loves to lay flat and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle while you talk to him. He is definitely more alert and responsive these days which has been fun. He is starting to make a variety of noises as well. I love it when he laughs but we usually just get short giggles; I am anxiously awaiting the day we get a real long hearty laugh out of him.
Other: Koyle does not like to have a dirty or wet diaper; if he is crying but not hungry that is usually the first thing I try. He has found his hands recently and loves to chew on them. He has also been super healthy. He loves the bath and Matthew loves to bathe with him. He doesn't super love his car seat but he is getting better.

Koyle is just an all-around great baby and we are so happy to have him in our family. Unfortunately, I don't have any updated pictures, so I will work on that.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Love this post! Its fun to see where Jax may be in a couple of weeks. We need to get together soon. I'll tell lando to plan something with justin. I think you're amazing! :) Talk to you soon.

Kelly said...

I can't believe he's two months old already! It's so fun to see them grow and develop :)