Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Week at Grandma's House

I suppose some people grow out of getting excited about spending a week at grandma's house; but I never have. I love going to my Grandma's house. Probably because it is one of those things in life that never changes and I find great security in things that never change. I drove down on Monday with my mom and Missy. The first three days we didn't do much, just relaxed and ate yummy grandma food. Matthew loved all of the toys there and I loved having more space for him to play and having some help. Thursday the rest of the kids arrived and that night we went to the hay maze. When we got there they were closed, but the people were still there setting things up for the next day and so they let us come in and play anyways. It was kind of fun to have the whole place all to ourselves. Matthew especially loved the slides and the bean pit.
The maze was pretty cool but the beginning was a little scary because it was all enclosed and pitch black. I got a little stuck in the middle because I was holding Matthew's hand and carrying the baby so I had no hands to feel around with and I could see nothing. Luckily, one of the workers came in behind us to make sure we all made it through okay and she had a light and helped me make it out into the open. Matthew was a little scared of the dark too.

Friday we went out and did a little shopig, but mostly just hung out together. That night Rick & Amber threw a Halloween party (we also celebrated my grandpa's birthday). All the kids stayed at grandma's house with the older cousins and we had some adult time. The party was fun and of course we played butt darts; it wouldn't be a Stimpson party without playing that game. Here is a little video for your entertainment:

Saturday morning the men went goose hunting. Justin got 3 geese! That afternoon while the men went out 4-wheeling, we decorated haunted houses with the kids. Matthew had a lot of fun and did a good job putting the candies on his house where I put the frosting. That night we watched the Boise State game-which of course we won!
Matthew especially loved the "scary monster" on his house

Sunday we picked apples and plums and packed up for home. Matthew had been asking all weekend to go fishing because ever since the family reunion he associates the four wheeler with going fishing. So Justin found a fishing pole and took Matthew to the irrigation canal and let him fish. He loved it and there were actually little trash fish swimming around in the canal, but they weren't interested in the cheese Matthew had to offer.
It is always so much fun to be together and I am glad that I only have to wait until Thanksgiving to spend more time with my family. I am really soaking up spending these holidays with my family since it may be the last year I get to do so for a while.

No comments: