Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Week in the Sun

We got to spend the week in Phoenix, AZ watching my cousins while their parents went to New York for an anniversary trip. It was so much fun to spend time with the kids again that I love to pieces; and it was nice to just take a break from life and crappy weather and spend a week in the sun. Matthew was in heaven of course. They had a pool, a puppy, and a trampoline; it doesn't get much better than that. He also made good use of the goldfish jar (the kind you eat) my aunt kept upstairs in the playroom. The kids were awesome and are getting so grown up. We miss them already. Justin got to come down on Thursday and hang out and Riley loved having a boy around to do things with. We also got to spend all day Saturday with Brian & Missy which was really nice. We went house shopping with them which is always fun. Justin and I fell in love with one of the houses and seriously wish we could build it for ourselves. They are really thinking about building it and I hope they do so that I will remember it when I can build myself a house in 10 years : ) And without further ado, here are some pictures:
Matthew LOVED the airport and the plane ride. He was an angel child too. I could fly alone with him anyday. We were lucky that our flight wasn't full so he got his own window seat too.
The first day I got there the kids took me to the park. It had a fun splash area for the kids, a playground, and a huge duck pond.

And the rest of the days we swam in their pool. Hadlee is a fish and would get dressed every morning by putting her swimming suit on.

They had a waterfall and Matthew loved to sit on the rocks.
My cousin Jessica who lives down there called one day and she came over with her girls to swim one afternoon. It was fun to spend some time with her.
One night we had girls night and Baylee, Hadlee, and I went to see Kung Fu Panda II and we walked around the mall. Rylee and Justin got to go golfing together.
Matthew did great on the way home and we even got him his own window seat again. It was such a fun trip. Missy got a picture of all of us together before we left that I will have to have her send me.
Phoenix was great but we are glad to be home where there is green!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to do that. The kids are getting so grown up. I can't wait to see them again. Matthew is a good kid. I'd go anywhere with him, anyday.