Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Idaho Trip Part #1: Broadway, Babies, and Barbecue

Well, this trip to Idaho was really divided into three parts so I am going to blog them accordingly. What better way to get the summer started then with a traditional crazy trip to Idaho? We left Thursday night and got to the Jones' about 11:30. While we were loading up the car, Matthew decided to do a faceplant down the stairs. Luckily Justin was right there to catch him, but he gave himself a pretty good black eye. This pictures really don't do it justice. Once the swelling kind of went down and the redness, he got this sweet black eye on his eyelid that seriously was like a rainbow. It had yellow, purple, green, blue, and black stripes.
After saying hello we went to bed. Friday morning the guys all left early to go four-wheeling and fishing up at Sagehen. The women stayed home to hang out and get things ready for the baby shower. I went to watch Lindy dance at the high school assembly. They did the guy/girl dance and it was really cute. Friday night was the big event. Jay & Tami bought us all tickets to Wicked! I was excited to go because it was Broadway and I love Broadway but I didn't have any particular fancy towards Wicked itself. Last minute they got hold of an extra ticket so Justin was able to come (he didn't have a ticket because originally he wasn't going to be coming up to Idaho with me). So we called my mom and dropped Matthew off with her to spend the night since the show didn't even start until 8. It was SO AWESOME! Broadway just can't be beat for quality theatre. All of it was perfect: the story, the acting, the music, the dancing, the costumes, the effects, everything. I came away a Wicked fan. Not a crazy fan, but a fan. I was afraid I would fall asleep since I had stayed up late the night before and the show was so late, but even though I felt like junk through most of it, there was no falling asleep.
Saturday morning we finished last minute prep for Kimi's baby shower and the party started. There was a great turn out and it was fun to visit and see all the cute things Kimi got for her little boy. After the party was cleaned up we got ready for the next activity: a barbecue. We had invited my parents over for a little Mother's Day dinner together. It was a lot of fun and the best part was when we all played a little game of baseball in the backyard. We even got my mom and Tami to join in.
Sunday morning we went to church and then packed up our things. I went over to stay at my parent's house for the week and Justin headed home with the rest of the gang. It really is nice being able to just go home and stay if I want to without having to worry about school.

2 comments:

Zachary and Rachel Toomey said...

I am still so jealous you got to see Wicked. I am a Wicked fan already and have never seen it. Jealous!!! But it was also nice to see you even if it was not for that long!

Anonymous said...

A grandparents dream a whole night alone with the grandbaby. He loved it and didn't miss his Mom one bit. (as long as Zeke was around) Just think you could have that all the time if you would just move closer. I'm just saying . . . .