Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, January 23, 2011

This Week

I haven't done just a good old fashioned update of what we did this week for a while; so that's what you're going to get today.
I actually started working out again and it has felt great. Last week I went to a zumba class that was a lot of fun. I have also gone running a few times. It is a little hard to motivate myself to go some nights but I'm always glad that I went when I come back. Hopefully I can keep it up. I got to go in and substitute this week which is always a bitter sweet day. I enjoy being in the classroom and working with the kids, and the money is a huge bonus, but I always hate having to find a babysitter for the entire day. It worked out pretty good this time because Kimi was able to watch him most of the day; for some reason I just feel better and not as guilty when I leave him with family. I also cleaned out our filing cabinet; cleaning out junk is so refreshing.
Justin found out that he can get paid to do his research! Yeah for an income, even if it is really small. He will be adding about 8 hours of research each week to his schedule but it should work out great. He has also started shadowing our bishop who is a Urologist. Justin got to shadow him doing surgeries on Wednesday and he said it was really neat. He also is going to be volunteering in the Oncology department at the hospital this semester so he will get to spend time with the children who have cancer and are staying in the hospital; I think it will be a good experience. His MCAT studying is coming along great. He continues to imporove his score with every practice test he takes. I think that come May he will be ready with no problems. Justin also got to go ice fishing this weekend with some guys from the ward. He caught 3 fish but had to throw them all back because of the type of fish they were.
We took Matthew swimming on Monday (Justin didn't have classes) and he of course loved it. We really wore him out because he took a 4 hour nap afterwards!! He wants to play dog all the time and loves carrying things around in his mouth like a dog. He even brings us shoes like my parents' dog Zeke. : ) Lately he has wanted me to do EVERYTHING with him and he will grab my hand and drag me around the house. Sometimes he doesn't want me to play with him, he just wants me to be sitting right next to him. It is fun to play with him but sometimes it gets a little old since I haven't been able to do much else. He also makes us smile every day with his cute words. I've been wanting to make a list of all the words he knows and uses, here goes:
shoes, nose, eye, light, puppy, ball, bubble, hot, soft, dude (this is what he calls his sunglasses), stinky (he will mimic this word when I ask him if he is stinky but he doesn't just tell me on his own that he is stinky), uh-oh, tah-dah, all done, more more (he always says more twice in a row) banana pronounced baba, and he has even said no no a couple of times. And when he tries to read (he recognizes text) he always does this jabber that seriously sounds like he is going through all of the vowels, "a, e, i, o, u". He will say that when he is writing or coloring too. This week Matthew also mastered his animal puzzle; he can put all the pieces correctly where they belong.
That's all the exciting things I can think of right now. I hope you all had a good week as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to a Zumba class last week also. It was fun. Glad you are running..... but oh well. Can't wait to see Matthew this weekend. And I sent the receipt for Justin, should be arriving any day.

Anonymous said...

That's so cute that he carries the shoes around in his mouth!!! i guess Zeke taught him well ;) Oh and i rrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy want to hear him say dude!!
Lindy