Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another Dime, Another Book

Well, I went to the Scholastic Warehouse Book Sale again today and let's just say I spent more than a dime and got more than one book. I am very excited about what I got though. I did pretty good, only spending $15 more dollars than I originally said I was going to. Until, my friend that I was with found these super awesome poetry books and the temptation was just too much for me. So I called Justin and asked him if he wanted to get me a birthday present; he of course said yes. It is a Jack Prelutsky book and beautifully illustrated (and dude! I just opened the front cover and it comes with a CD too!!!!) and has 185 pages of awesomeness. I think I am going to have to look through it and awe over it tonight before Justin comes home because then I am going to have to put it away until my birthday. (Luckily that is only a month away.) Anywho, here is the sweet deal I got today:
Be Glad Your Nose Is On Your Face by Jack Prelutsky: $22.99
Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle (it is a slide and find board book-super awesome): $12.99
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell: $6.99 (This was one of my favorite chapter books as a kid)
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis: $4.99 (I am slowly collecting them all, I only need numbers 1 and 3 now)
The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden: $6.99 (another chapter book classic)
Johnny Appleseed by Jodie Shepherd: $3.99
Library Mouse
by Daniel Kirk: $4.99
Chicken Little by Rebecca and Ed Emberley: $4.99
Too Many Toys by David Shannon: $4.99 (He is one of my new favorite children's authors. I love his David series)
What Sisters Do Best/What Brothers Do Best by Laura Numeroff: $4.99 (This is a cool book that is brothers on one side, and flip it over and start from the back and it's about sisters. I figure this might come in handy one day when the big brother is picking on the little sister. And it is just a cute book.)
Let It Fall by Maryann Cocca-Leffler:$3.99 (a cute book to teach the season of fall with)
Corduroy's Tiny Treasury Board Books by Don Freeman:$9.99 (These are to give as gifts to my preschoolers, I got 2 sets)
The Emperor's New Clothes & The Ugly Duckling VHS storybook video: $.50 each (Yes, I still have a VHS player, and yes these are probably super cheesy, but for $.50 why not?)

That comes to a listed price total of: $103.88
I paid only $48
That is a good deal. Now I just have to decide what I want to give to Matthew for Christmas (I think the Brown Bear book) and what I want to put away until Easter and his birthday and such. Oh, I'm just so excited. Books make me so happy-I just love them! And it was great to spend an afternoon with a good friend. Thanks for coming along!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel. You are going to have to move just to make room for your books.

J&K Gallacher said...

Thanks to you!!! It was so fun. I am soooo excited about all those wonderful books...and seriously considering going back next week to get some for gifts!

Evans Family said...

Seriously...if you go back call me!

Whitney and Greg said...

Wow.. that is awesome. I need to find a place like that around here.