Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Brave

After such success cutting Matthew's hair last time I was feeling rather confident. So when I told Justin that I was going to cut Matthew's hair yesterday he asked if I wanted to cut his too. I'm not sure who was more brave, me for agreeing to do it, or Justin for asking me. But luckily it all turned out great-I actually I did a better job on Justin's than on Matthew's. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that he actually sits in one place instead of wiggling all over and trying o pull the scissors out of my hands. I am quite pleased that I have mastered this skill because I have already saved myself a good deal of money by cutting Matthew's hair (this was haircut #7 for him) and now if I can cut Justin's hair, we will be rolling in the dough....Okay,maybe not, but it sounded nice. Here are my handsome boys after their haircuts.
And as a side note, Matthew did the sweetest thing today. He was ready for a nap about 1:00, but we don't get out of church until 3. I could tell he was super tired but he wasn't screaming yet so I didn't take him out and fight him to go to sleep at church. I wanted him to just fall asleep on the way home so that he would actually take a decent nap. With about 15 minutes of church left he crawled up onto my lap and laid his down on my shoulder. Within about 3 minutes he was out cold! He has never done that before and it melted my heart. I sure do love that boy, even if life gets a little frustrating at home with him sometimes.
This not of him today, obviously, but I love this picture. So precious!

2 comments:

Aaron Ludwig said...

I saw him cuddling with you during church- and I was so jealous! Lily only does that if for some reason we have to wake her up in the middle of the night- and she is like 80% asleep already. NICE hair cuts by the way! You're going to have to teach me your skills (or I'm just going to have to employ your skills) when Quinn comes. Girls are so nice- cause you can just let them get shaggy. Having a boy is gong to bring in a whole new set of challenges.
-Mary

Anonymous said...

I remember cuddle time with my babies. That is why I rocked everyone of you to sleep at night. Never regretted it, even though EVERYONE told me what a no no it was. You're pretty good with those scissors and yes brave. I would never. Of course you probably won't have to be cutting Justins hair for long, if you know what I mean. he he he I'm just saying. The truth hurts Justin. Love you guys