Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our Last Hoorah!

As you all know, school starts on Monday, and to keep in line with our theme this summer of traveling, Matthew and I had one last hoorah, which we ended with Justin's half iron man today! Last Thursday night my roommate from college and her husband came in town and stayed the weekend with us before they left for China. It was so fun to catch up and spend time with an old friend. Sunday, Matthew and I drove up to Rexburg to spend the week with my sister. Of course I forgot my camera so I have no pictures, but we did some really fun things.
On Monday we went to the zoo in Idaho Falls. Matthew liked looking at the animals...as long as they kept their distance. On Wednesday we got Matthew's pictures taken with Maddi & Brynnlee as well as just him. It was pretty tricky getting him to smile but I think we got some really cute shots. I am excited to see how they turned out; the lady who took them does some awesome things. In the afternoon we went to the park and played on the slides and then in the splash park. Matthew of course had a blast getting wet. Then we took them on the carousel and Matthew enjoyed it so much he cried when we got off and walked away and kept trying to get me to take him back on. That night we had a girls night out and went and got some ice cream and saw a movie. Mandi and I went through a bunch of old FHE stories from when we were growing up and made copies so I can have my own of them. It is going to be my winter project coloring all the pictures, laminating, cutting, finding new pictures for some, etc. Friday afternoon we packed up and came home.
Matthew is such a great kid when it comes to adjusting to new places and schedules. I didn't have a pack-n-play for him so I just had to lay him on my bed for naps and bedtime and hope he wouldn't climb off...and he didn't! He laid there like a good little boy and fell asleep every time. He is also so good in the car; it makes traveling with him so easy. We had a really fun time playing with Maddi and holding sweet little Brynnlee. Thanks for a good time Mandi .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you girls had such a fun time together. I'm a little jealous, but I know how much I love my sista time and I'm glad you get to have the same experience. When will get to see those pictures? I want to order some.

Anonymous said...

Next summer we need to have our sister week again. I miss those :(
Lindy