I guess we just hadn't had enough of camping last week so we decided to go camping this weekend with our friends. We got them a tent for their wedding last summer so we could go camping together and have never been able to go; we were both free this weekend so we decided to go. We headed out Friday afternoon and went up to the Mirror Lake area. Who knew it would be packed? There were people everywhere and every campground was completely full. So we ended up finding a little place on the river just off the side of the road where some people were camped. That area was all full as well but there was a nice meadow on the other side of the river. So we hauled all our stuff across and had an awesome camping place all to ourselves! Let it be noted though that the river was FREEZING cold. I was glad the boys carried all the stuff so I only had to cross once. We made tin foil dinners and cobbler and had smores while Brent serenaded us with his guitar music. And yes, we even dug a little hole with our hammer (because we don't have a shovel) and used the woods as our bathroom; we were camping for real. Saturday we played bocce ball and horseshoes, ate some watermelon, and then packed up. Then we drove up to check out the lake. There were also a ton of people there fishing so we didn't stay super long. But Justin caught a fish with his bare hands (no joke) while he was wading out with Matthew. Ya, I know-he's cool : ) On our way home we stopped and had dinner at the cutest, funniest outdoor cafe in Heber City. Then we topped the weekend off by convincing the boys to watch Chocolat with us. It was so much fun. We are so grateful for good friends like Brent and Janelle. I love doing things like this with my little family too because it makes me feel all grown up.
How fun! I am glad you guys had a great time camping this weekend. Our office was going to go camping (and work out of a campsite) at the beginning of last week, but it rained and all the campgrounds were full. They already bought the camping equipment and handed it out to us so we are supposed to go sometime, but who knows when. (Plus there are a LOT of bears out this year) I can't believe how big matthew is getting. I am getting really excited to live near you guys. :) We will have to do fun stuff with you too!
2 comments:
How fun! I am glad you guys had a great time camping this weekend. Our office was going to go camping (and work out of a campsite) at the beginning of last week, but it rained and all the campgrounds were full. They already bought the camping equipment and handed it out to us so we are supposed to go sometime, but who knows when. (Plus there are a LOT of bears out this year)
I can't believe how big matthew is getting. I am getting really excited to live near you guys. :) We will have to do fun stuff with you too!
haha...way to go Justin! That really is pretty cool! Looks like it was a fun little outing!
Post a Comment