Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, June 21, 2010

This is how it went

It all started when Matthew got sick the night before we left. He threw up twice the night before and then twice in the car on the way up to Idaho. Let's just say cleaning puke out of the carseat at a gas station is not my favorite. Friday he was doing better and just had some diarrhea but nothing too out of control. So Saturday we loaded up and headed to Cascade for Justin's Speed Triathlon ( 500m swim, 12.4 mile bike, 5k run). It was a beautiful day for a race. Justin did awesome too; he came in 2nd place overall with a time of 1 hour 4 minutes. His brother who raced with him did great as well. I loved watching this race because it was much smaller than Nationals so I could get right up close to the transition area to watch and I could see the whole swim. After the race, Justin's sister got sick and started throwing up. You would think that Matthew gave it to her except she hadn't even seen Matthew until that afternoon and she never even held him. That night when we got home from the race Justin started not feeling well and he threw up. Turns out nearly everybody from both our families got sick; that is everybody except for me. I was quite glad of that because I had the worst sore throat of my life this weekend and I didn't really feel like throwing up with a wicked sore throat. Sunday on our drive home we stopped at my Grandma's house and Matthew threw up again. Justin wasn't feeling super swell either so we decided to just stay the night. So it was just one of those trips. But despite all the illness we still had lots of fun and I am so proud of Justin for working so hard at his triathlon's.
Justin and Troy before the swim
Justin and Troy during the transition from swim to run

Justin leaving on the run
Troy coming in from the bike
Justin running in to the finish!
Troy running in to the finish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was really fun to watch Justin run the race and fun to have you here, even if Matthew was a bear. I could live without the up chucking but all in all I guess I'll invite you back.

Anonymous said...

I managed to not get sick too. Looks like we're better than everyone else!
Lindy

Tiffany said...

It's times like this that I'm really glad I live in LA. Justin and Troy looked awesome in their triathlon! Hope you guys are feeling better now.