Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, March 22, 2010

Havasu Triathlon Results!!

We are so glad to have Justin home and to be together again. Justin did a superior job at his first ever triathlon this weekend. For those who don't know, a triathlon is a mile swim, 30 mile bike, and a 6 mile run. Justin did it in 2 hours 24 minutes!! He came in 59th overall out of about 650 people and got 8th on BYU's team. The BYU team came in 4th. There is a possibility that he might get to go to Nationals but we are not sure yet. I am so proud of him!
Justin sporting his wetsuit before he starts.
Getting ready to start the swim. They swam in Lake Havasu.
Justin in the transition area. He is putting his running shoes on after the bike ride.

There he goes! For the run they got to run across the London Bridge which was moved to Lake Havasu when London made a new bridge. How cool is that! I wish I could have been there to watch him. Next time.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE that Justin did a FULL triathalon. way to go Justin!! I was mentally calculating how long it would have taken me to finish the race, and my time for just swimming and running alone would have probably matched what he finished the entire race in. Wow!

Aaron Ludwig said...

Holy Cow! That is amazing! I ran a mile once...and that was awesome...
I am amazed by people who work hard at stuff like that!
-Mary Ludwig

Tiffany said...

Good job Justin!!

Anonymous said...

It would have taken me one hour and 12 minutes to do the 6 mile run, on a good knee day. The bike ride I have no clue, never tried that. The swim would have killed me, literally, I'm pretty sure I would have drowned. But in my next life when I'm young again, the game is on. Way to go!

Trevor said...

Good job! I have to add that you would look pretty weird if you had no ears.

Shaina said...

Impressive, Justin!!! Triathlons are TOUGH. The only part I ever liked was the running, of course. And the last (and only) time I swam a mile it took me about 55 minutes. I hope you get to go to nationals!

Evans Family said...

That seriously is very cool Justin! You gotta be feelin good about yourself. Good luck on the nationals thing...that would be awesome if you got to go. :)