Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Still Counting Down!

So, not much new has happened but I thought I would replace that last nasty picture of myself with one where I actually did my hair and look decent. So here is me with only 12 days to go!

The weather has really cooled off the last two days and it has only been about 73 degrees!! I am loving it. My feet aren't swollen, I don't have to plan my daily chores around the temperature, and most of all I am not constantly repositioning my fan to blow exactly where I am. In fact, I don't even have to use my fan. I have even gone out on a few more walks the last few days which always makes a person feel better.
I get to teach my very first sharing time in Primary this Sunday which I am excited about. Its interesting how the Lord provides new opportunities for us just when we think one is ending. Just as I quit working the Lord gave me an opportunity to continue working with and teaching children!
Justin and I discovered a free weekly date: Movie in the Park. Every Monday in August they play a movie on a great big screen in the park. We went last week at watched "The Man Who Knew Too Much" and sat on a huge, really steep hill to do it. We kept sliding down off our blanket until we took the lawn chair we had brought (but were not using because of the hill) and put it under our bottoms to keep us in place. We also went bowling and I did pretty good at first, but then faded out after that. You never realize how many muscles you actually do use to bowl until you are pregnant and can feel all of them being stretched and pulled as you throw your ball down the lane.
Well, I believe that is enough randomness for today. Cross your fingers for me that on Monday my doctor says, "Wow, it looks like you are going to have this baby any day now!" I'll keep you posted ; )

7 comments:

Evans Family said...

Well...you know my feelings about about having the baby early, but I will keep my fingers crossed despite them. :) I know you're anxious, but enjoy these last few days...it will all come to an end very fast- I promise.

Whitney and Greg said...

Was that at Scera park?! (I think that is what it is called anyway) I loved that place. I used to live right next to it. It was the coolest place to watch movies. :)

Shaina said...

Carissa! You look great! I can't believe it's soooo close! Come on, BABY! That movie-in-the-park thing sounds fun! It finally cooled off here this week too. I can barely stand the heat as a non-pregnant person...I can't imagine being pregnant in that oppressive heat--you're tough! Good luck at the doctor!

Tiffany said...

That is a darling picture of you! Definitely one for the scrapbook. Looks like we are in a race to the finish eh? :)

Me and My Gang said...

Carissa- Good luck with that baby boy and all the challenges and excitement that a baby brings! We will be looking forward to the news of the BIG day and wish you the best. Keep us posted!!! P.S. Garth and Leslie got to bring home their little girl Paige Rebecca home from the hospital on Sunday. They were excited after a long stay!

Anonymous said...

Carissa,
It is your favorite Aunt Missy and Lindy you know your sister who is at my house right now. We are wondering why you are being induced on Saturday or you just getting to fat or what? Inquiring minds need to know!!! Mandy did not have enough information (go figure).
Love, Missy and Lindy

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of me standing on a balcony looking about the same as you do, when I was pregnant with Mandi. Only I think my Mom, Kristy and Missy were in the picture also. I'll have to find it. I can't get used to this knowing exactly when the baby will come thing. But I'm doing laundry and cleaning up odds and ends and generally having my own little nesting instinct. So see you soon!