Ever since February when I learned about streamlining my house I have been waiting for time to do it. It was so great to go through my house, get rid of old junk, and do some serious deep cleaning. I did one room a day. I cleaned out our spare room and got it ready to be a baby room. We also set up our crib (sweet!), rearranged to make it all fit, and Justin cut a piece of plywood for our extra bed so now we can use it and the trundle bed separate. Wednesday I worked on the bathroom; the best project of all. After cleaning the grout of the tile in the shower I moved on to the floor. (Keep in mind I live in a really old apartment and the bathroom floor has 1" tile.) This is a picture of the floor before being cleaned. See the dirt?
I got a screwdriver and dug the dirt out of all the grout on the floor. You should have seen the mud pile in my bucket when I was finished-disgusting! But now it is all shiny clean! Ahhhh. Thursday I did the kitchen and I made maintenance come and move my stove so I could clean underneath it. Gross.....but now it is clean!
While organizing all my stuff I was one container short so we invited our buddies over for a milkshake party. We successfully ate the whole bucket of ice cream and now I have my extra container.
Justin had classes Monday and Tuesday and then he had reading days and Finals started Friday. It has been fun to both be home around the house this week and able to get some little projects done. We have never not had one of us as a full time student since getting married and we are looking forward to this summer. Justin has taken 4 finals so far and has 2 to go. Wish him luck!
We also finally got asked to speak in Church (more like volunteered, but its all the same) and so I also spent time this week working on my talk.
Oh, and did I mention the snow storm we had this week?
All in all, a wonderful week and a great chance to get caught up on some things.
1 comment:
Okay, where's the after picture of the tile?!?! I want to see it. You are TOTALLY nesting! lol Enjoy it though...the desire leaves eventually. :) Glad you had a good week.
Post a Comment