Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas & Weddings

Christmas this year was a lot of fun, especially because we got lots of snow! Justin and I went up to Idaho to spend Christmas with my family. One of our friends got married on the 20th and we were glad to be there. Weddings are always fun because it means a big friend reunion! One of our good friends also proposed over the break and we are very happy for him as well. Marriage is such a wonderful thing and such a true part of God's plan; we love watching those close to us begin to experience the same joy we have every day! Which is also why I am excited to be heading to Virginia on Wednesday for my roommate and best friends wedding!! It will be quite the trip, but well worth it.
As I said, we got a lot of snow but I didn't get to play in it, which was sad. I was a little under the weather most of the break so I spent a lot of time lying on the couch and sleeping. One day we did go up to try out a new tubing hill that opened up but it was all full. So we played in the snow for a minute (mostly the boys all tackled each other while the girls ran away) and then came back home.
Christmas was great. I got a new sewing machine which I am excited to learn how to use. I also got some Christmas money to spend, a new book to read, and lots of other fun stuff. Justin got some great new tools, including a power drill, and some Utah Jazz tickets. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures the whole week (I am blaming that on being sick). Well, I really should go finish unpacking everything. Toodles for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas was awesome, I can't wait to do it again. Send me an invite to your class blog, so I can see all those kids you talk about.

Shaina said...

Carissa! I'm glad you had a good Christmas! Jeff and I spent ours alone for the first time, and it was wierd, but still fun. You know what's funny? I got a sewing machine, and Jeff got a tool kit! great minds must think alike...
Happy New Year, and say hi and congrats to Amanda and Stewart for me! Love, Shaina