Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update

I have started sending out a quarterly e-mail to keep my friends and family updated on my life. For those who don't get my e-mail, I will also post it here. So here is the one I sent out a few weeks ago! (You don't have to read the whole thing if you don't want)
Friends and Family!
Happy summer! It's time for the Jones family update. The last few months have been a little crazy, but adventures are always fun. We got settled in Salt Lake and Justin jumped right in to school again. He took 12 credits this summer at the University of Utah and did an awesome job. I got a job working at a daycare with the infants and toddlers. (My mother teases me about graduating from college just to work at a daycare!) I really enjoyed working with the kids, but the director was pretty much crazy and impossible to work with. I stuck it out for 2 months, but last Wednesday I quit.
The last weekend of May I had my first doctor's appointment where Justin and I found out that I had a miscarriage. That was a rough first appointment, but luckily our doctor was awesome and took care of us. I had a DNC that afternoon and that night drove home to Idaho for my sister's high school graduation. (Remember that crazy part?) It was nice to be surrounded by family and to celebrate with my sister on her big day. The next month was an emotional roller coaster and I will admit it was hard. But things are going much better and we are looking forward to being able to make another announcement, hopefully sometime in the near future.
We have also taken up the habit of traveling to Idaho every weekend. 4th of July weekend we went to Justin's family reunion. We got to take my cousin Hadlee who is 6 along with us for the weekend and that was a ton of fun. The next weekend we went to Rupert on Friday for Baylee's (my cousin, Hadlee's sister) baptism. She asked Justin to baptize her and that was a neat experience for him. Saturday morning my parents drove back to Salt Lake with us and we moved to Provo. It was so nice to have there help, and my mom was happy to finally get all my junk out of her house. We have been commuting to Salt Lake every day for school and work, which is not as fun as it sounds, trust me. The following weekend we went to the mountains in Idaho for my family reunion. We had fun four wheeling and crashing while tubing down the river. We came home for 2 1/2 days and Wednesday after work we left for Idaho again. Justin's dad just got a new boat and so we had to come up and try it out. We spent the whole 3 day weekend on the lake! It was soooo much fun though.
Sunday afternoon Justin left for Utah while I stayed in Idaho. He has finals this week and then will be joining me back in Idaho on Friday. I have been teaching swimming lessons here and just hanging out with the family. We will be in Idaho until August 8th. But don't worry, we'll be back for some more fun before the summer is out. I love vacations and spending time with family, but I am getting ready to just go home and unpack my house, and settle into a normal schedule.
I got a job working at an Elementary School as a para-educatior working with Autistic kids. It starts August 18th and I am very excited about it. I don't have my teacher license so this is about as close as I can get. I'll be in a class every day helping the teacher and the kids I'm over. Justin will be starting school at BYU in the fall and is excited to get some school under his belt.
I think of you all often and love to hear from you. Let me know what you have been up to this summer and where the fall wind will blow you. Thank you as well to everyone who has supported and encouraged us during the past few months, we truly appreciate it. Take care and God bless!

P.S. If you haven't checked out our blog I update it occasionally. The web address is : www.justincarissa.blogspot.com
Our new address is 148 Wymount Terrace Provo, UT 84604

No comments: