Christmas was wonderful this year. I so enjoyed staying home and not traveling. It was the first time in our ten years of marriage that we had Christmas in our own home. The thing I loved the most was that I didn't have to complete my December to do list in 2 weeks and shove every Christmas activity into a whirlwind in order to leave out of town. That's the other thing, we have always been gone not just for Christmas day, but for at least 2 weeks of December. Things were relaxed and calm and I really got to enjoy the Christmas season and being with my family.
I also think the thing that made it so nice was that my parents and Tim & Lindy ended up coming to stay at our house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was the perfect blend of still being with family, but not having to load everything up and haul it to Grandma's. The day after Christmas we all went up to Rexburg and spent the day there. The next day we loaded up and headed to Boise to go to a cabin with the Jones family in Garden Valley. It was also a super fun week. Relaxed, lots of time with family, just the right amount of fun. My boys ended up getting sick which was a bummer for them, but it wasn't terrible.
No comments:
Post a Comment