Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Piano Guys Inspiration

When I found out that Piano Guys were coming to Pocatello-and the week of Matthew's birthday, I immediately wanted to go with him. But of course it was too expensive to splurge on. All summer I kept talking about how I wished I could go. Well, just a couple days before the concert Justin was able to get two free tickets from a guy who does stuff with the residency!!! So Matthew and I got to go on a special date to the Piano Guys concert. It was AMAZING! We both loved every minute of it. 


Music has always inspired me and helped me connect with the Spirit and ponder. As the night progressed my feelings became stronger and closer to the surface. One of the songs Matthew and I both love is "It's Gonna Be Okay". We play it and dance to it and sing it all the time. During the concert they displayed the words so everyone could sing along. As we sat there the message just hit home so overwhelmingly; those were my words, my story right now: 

Doubt is a broken record that plays inside my head
I try to turn it down, but I can't quite drown it out
I'm tortured everyday, these never ending worries, pulling on my sleeves
So many times now I was supposed to tap out
All the walls would fall down around me
All anybody would tell me, is all that bad news how it's gonna fall through
But no matter what they say or what they say,
It's gonna be, gonna be, okay (a a a ay)
It's gonna be, gonna be, okay (a a a ay)
No matter what you've been through here you are
No matter if you think you're falling apart
It's gonna be, okay
And there is a battle raging in your heart but you must win
It comes for all of us, saying we are not enough
So fight for your life the worlds gonna try
To sell you some lies
The phrases "no matter what you've been through, here you are" "No matter if you think you're falling apart" "There is a battle raging in your heart, but you must win" "So fight for your life" Most of the time I do think I am falling apart and I feel like I am fighting for my life (spiritually). But you know what? It's gonna be okay. And I know that. But sometimes those words are hollow and empty and just knowing that this too shall pass doesn't make it any easier to get through in the moment. Then they played this song:
We have also listened to this song a gazillion times cause we love it. But they spoke about it before hand and the ambiance of the event and the culmination of my thoughts that night came to this one moment. This is MY fight song-Amazing Grace. It is because of the grace of my Savior Jesus Christ that I have a fight song. Both because without Him I would have given up hope and stopped fighting a long time ago, and because without Jesus Christ there is no fight to fight. Life means nothing if not for the great Plan of Salvation that allows me to live eternally with my Father in Heaven and my earthly family through the power and love of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. If I didn't have that knowledge and that testimony burned into my soul, then there would be no fight against the sins and temptations in this life that I battle to overcome. There would be no reason to try and be a better mother, neighbor, friend, wife, sister, or anything-because none of it would matter. 
Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
T'was blind but now I see

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear
And Grace, my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
We have already come.
T'was grace that brought us safe thus far
And grace will lead us home,
And grace will lead us home

Amazing grace, How Sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found
T'was blind but now I see
Was blind, but now I see.

I was reminded once again that I am not alone. That my efforts do matter. I have been counted and numbered and I will continue until the end, by the amazing grace of Jesus Christ. 
Such a beautiful evening. Matthew has been listening to Piano Guys ever since. He will carry my phone around as often as I let him. The other day he even stuck it in his pocket playing music while he scootered around outside. And I love every minute of it. I love my home being filled with beautiful music that lifts the soul and raises our sights. Certainly beats the sound of me yelling at the kids all time. Or them screaming at each other. Music truly is a gift from God. I hope that Matthew keeps his love for music and playing the piano so that someday my home can be filled with his beautiful music. Even now I love hearing the piano whenever he plays. 

No comments: