Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January & Lincoln 6 months

 Lincoln got his first 'real' haircut
 We had some sweet icicles
 Lincoln started eating baby food. He loves all food and has been ready for a while. The other boys think this is great fun and love to help feed him and always want to taste his food.
 Landon got this little alligator for Christmas. It was an egg that you put in water and then it hatched. If you keep the alligator in water it will grow bigger and when you take him out he will get smaller again. I think this was his favorite gift-he loves it!
 Landon also got paints for Christmas. He has been dying to paint and ever since we moved we have been out. Matthew had fun too and made a nice doodle picture.

 Koyle has been "reading" these How To Train Your Dragon books at night for two years now! He has loved books ever since he was tiny. He has been stubborn about learning to read for real (who needs words when you have a whole library of stories in your mind) but has finally reached the point where I would officially declare he is reading! I love seeing him improve every time we read together and I can't wait for the day when he can actually read those dragon books for real.
 Sunday naps. Justin is busy like always. His schedule is always changing and always different. But he is happy in his work and that makes us happy. At the end of January he got voted to be chief resident! I am so proud of him. I love when other people recognize how awesome he is, cause I know how awesome he is.
 For Christmas Koyle got tickets to go to the Cleveland Cavaliers game against the Utah Jazz. Landon and I stayed home with Lincoln and Matthew and Koyle and Justin went to the game. Justin got off work early and they left as soon as Matthew got out of school. Then they had to drive home that night after the game because Justin had work the next day. There was snow and an accident so it was close to 1:30 in the morning before they made it home. He is a trooper. The things we do for our kids.
 Koyle loved the game and getting to see LeBron James in person. Matthew liked the Dippin Dots.
 Even though the Cavs lost it was a special night for him and something he still talks about. He was a little upset that Justin wore Jazz gear instead of Cavs, but he took the loss really well.


 These two love each other and I have a feeling they will become best buds in a few years.

 Smoooooothies!!

 Yep! That looks like Landon. Grumpy like always.
 I finally broke down and got a perm for my birthday. Oh yeah..I turned 30!! Emily Gibbons and Holly Jensen did a little lunch for me which was super nice. We had a couple friends over for hot chocolate and cookies that night. Low key but at least we celebrated. I do feel older-physically not necessarily wiser. I'm not the spring chicken I used to be. But I've still got some good life left in me. Anyways, I got my hair permed. I've wanted to do it ever since Lincoln was born but just didn't have the chance. We went down to the temple in the morning, then I got my hair done-which I LOVE LOVE LOVE- and then hung out with Mandi and Ryan that night. 
 While we were playing games and having fun...
These two were up to mischief like this: 
(They were jumping off the boat into the water and couldn't get their clothes wet.)
 
Before finally crashing.

 Fun in a box, never gets old.
 Lincoln finally settled into a real nap routine and also started putting himself to sleep. Life changer! I finally feel like a functioning parent again and have been doing a few fun things with the boys. They loved these salt paintings we made.

 One night after a long few days of Justin working late I tried to incentivize the boys to get their jobs done by telling them we could go out to ice cream. Well they were being especially big stinkers and didn't get their stuff done. So when Justin got home that night, even though it was late, I left everyone else home and just Landon and I went out to ice cream. Because while Landon has his difficult behaviors and tantrums and grumpiness, he is actually really good at obeying and getting work done when he needs to. It was really fun to go out just him and I and sit and talk together with no other distractions. This kid is the cutest and has so much to say about everything.
 One afternoon we went to Lava Hot Springs. It was so fun! A little treasure we discovered. They have an awesome indoor kiddie pool that is warm and a hot tub that anyone can get into-I even took Lincoln in with me. We will definitely be going back.
 A little bath painting. Look at those cheeks!
6 months old and as cute as can be! He has 2 teeth, weighs 17 lbs 8 oz, is a horrible nurser, decent sleeper, very clingy, smiley, eats everything, grabby, social bug. 
Love those cheek puffs, his bright blue eyes, fluffy hair, and happy smile. I could eat him up!

No comments: