December was crazy and I have never gone to so many Christmas parties in my life. Weird because its not like I have a million friends here. I think people just like to throw parties here more than other places we have lived. Below was Tonya Bernts Christmas party.
We decided to carry the cousin ornament exchange tradition on with the next generation. Since we didn't decide this until December was already here we kept it low key and not everyone could come. Basically just Mandi and I got together...but we are the only ones with kids right now so it works. It was just an evening together and we decorated cookies that we could use to pass out to our neighbors. Have I said before that I love being close to family again so that we can be a part of moments like these? These kids love each other and I hope that never changes.
Hot tub in the snow! Justin is great at making moments like these happen. Lately I feel like everything extra is too much work and effort so its good that he uses his few spare moments to do things with the kids. Matthew even got brave and ran out and laid down in the snow!! I got it on camera-it was pretty great.
The famous bulldog overalls.
This is what happens when you haven't taken a nap and you go downstairs to throw a tantrum before dinner. He fell asleep about 6 and slept all night long.
We went to the much anticipated and talked about residency Christmas party. They do a white elephant exchange and we had heard many stories and that it can be a little on the edge at times. We ended up faring pretty well until the very end. Justin's awesome one piece minion jammies got stolen and his second gift he opened was hands down the most inappropriate one of the night. I won't say what it was...I'll just say it didn't come home with us; I made him dump it in the garbage. But overall a fun night and it felt good to laugh.
Matthew had his Christmas program at school. (He is holding the M)
Lincoln got to ride sitting up in the cart for the first time. He thought he was pretty neat stuff. He was smiling and laughing at everyone who passed by and they were eating him up.
I love him in his hat.
Justin had to do his month long Boise rotation starting the 11th of December. He ended up taking Landon and Koyle up with him to spend the week with Grammie Tami. That left me and Lincoln and Matthew at home. It was dreamy. Matthew was at school all day, I cleaned the house and it stayed clean all week, I got lots of things done that had been piling up, including finishing sewing Christmas jammies, and I got some much needed time to spend one on one with Matthew.
Matthew also had his Christmas piano
recital. He played O Little Town of Bethlehem and Jolly Old Saint Nicholas.
We went to the Residency Christmas Party for the kids. They had face
painting, cookie decorating, crafts, and of course Mr. and Mrs. Clause!
Santa let Lincoln pull on his
beard..and yes it was real.
Koyle had a crash while playing
football with Michael. He had quite the black eye for a week.
As soon as Matthew was out of school we
headed up to Boise to meet up with the rest of our family. We brought Kinsley
along with us to play with Landon for the week before her family came and to
give Mandi a little break.
No comments:
Post a Comment