Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Graduation!!

Best post title ever! It's always so exciting when that long anticipated day finally arrives, and it's just as wonderful as you thought it would be. Justin and I worked and worked to be packed enough to be able to just spend time with our family and celebrate the moment. Jay and Tami got in on Wednesday night and it was fun to have all of Thursday to spend just with them. We went to Matthew's Kindergarten award ceremony that morning (he got the Scholar Award, and author award) and then the guys went golfing and the girls went shopping. Tami always spoils me when she visits. Thursday night Cory and Tiffany and Troy rolled in, as well as my parents and Lindy. Friday was the big day! We just hung out in the morning and then picIked Matthew up from school early and I made Justin go to campus and take pictures with the big TTUHSC seal. I was so glad we took pictures early cause things were crazy afterwards.

 I don't want to take any of the credit for Justin's big day because he is the one who has put the hours and hours of study in, the early mornings and the late nights at the hospital, and jumping through all the hoops that medical school entails. I am so proud of how hard he has worked and how well he has balanced his life. This was his big day and I am thrilled to be his woman and the one who gets to stand behind him and hold his hand as he journey's through life.At the end of our photo shoot I wanted Justin to do a celebration jump. Of course he had to be silly about it because he didn't want to : ) But I got some sweet pictures out of it!
I think the way his sleeves puffed at the end is hilarious! Makes me think of Anne of Green Gables and the puffy sleeves episode for some reason.

Then Justin and Cory went on to the Civic Center and I went back to get the boys ready. Graduation started at 3 and while we were anticipating it to be a shorter graduation, it ended up being plenty long. Each person had their full moment of glory across the stage. The kids did really well though, minus a fair number of potty breaks.

Walking in
Almost his turn!
 It was really neat that his brother Cory got to hood him. We were so glad they made the trip down and that the timing of everything lined up just right.

The moment it was official! Now we can call him Dr. Jones. Or as Koyle says Doctor Dad.

We didn't have much time to mingle afterwards because we had to rush home and drop the kids off at the babysitters, then we hurried back over to the football stadium where they held the graduation dinner. Everyone's name came on the big screen for about 10 seconds so you could take a picture. We lucked out and his name came on the screen about 3 minutes after we got down on the field so we didn't have to wait forever. Dinner was the usual catered meal and not super exciting. They didn't have us all sitting at one table either so we didn't hang around for too long. We just ate our meal, said farewell to a few of our favorite friends (Pavin, Bryce Stash, Farmers, Hansons...) and headed out. We took everyone to our favorite ice cream place, Sheridan's, one last time for desert. Of course Justin was nonchalant about the whole ordeal claiming it was just another day, but I know that secretly he was just as happy as I was.

 Somehow I don't have the picture of him in front of the screen; it must be on his phone. I'll have to add that one later.

 The Jones boy in Jones Stadium
Saturday we went boot shopping. For a graduation gift my parents bought Justin and the boys some shiny, REAL, cowboy boots. We were all so excited because this was something we had wanted to do the whole time we lived in Texas. The boys had a blast trying on all the boots. Landon was cracking us up because he picked out every pink boot in the store and was full of exclamations like, "Oo, pretty pink boots" or "nice ones" and other such cheesy claims of beauty. Why the kid likes pink I really don't know. Then Tiffany took Koyle to Cabela's to use her gift card from the March Madness tournament. She knew how much he had wanted to win and was so sweet to share her winnings with him. He got a new nice fishing pole and some more gear for his tackle box...mostly all orange in color of course! Then we finished our afternoon with some good 'ole Texas BBQ. We tried out a new place we had been wanting to visit and it didn't disappoint. After everyone had their afternoon naps we finished the evening by watching Harry Potter 3 with Matthew. Noah Sims (Matthew's buddy from down the street) came over and watched it with us too!

 Boys in their boots on our last walk around the Lubbock Temple

A big shout out to all of our family who has supported us through this experience. We couldn't do it without you and we felt so blessed to have so many of you there to celebrate with us.

1 comment:

Kimi Sheffer said...

Such fun memories and great accomplishments! Way to go Cory & Justin!!! I think you should frame one of the pictures of Justin jumping and put it in his future doctor's office. :)