It's hard to believe my baby cheeks is 2 now. They say time flies when you are having fun...so I guess we are having lots of fun, cause time is flying! Landon was looking forward to his birthday all month and kept saying, "Landon's birthday, April!" Despite his birthday being on a pretty crazy day for us (preschool program, and the day before we left for our big New York/Cory's graduation trip) I still tried to make it special for him. It was the evening before we got around to opening presents and every single one was a home run with him. From Matthew he got a Mack truck with a new Lightning McQueen that can go inside. He LOVES his Mack truck and was excited to have a new McQueen since his other one had been left in Utah. Koyle gave him a new basketball hoop and ball for the tub. They love playing this together in the bath and a few weeks ago their hoop broke. He has had lots of fun with this. Mom and Dad got him a Contigo waterbottle. Sounds a little boring, but I assure you he is still as excited about this as the Mack truck. Koyle has an orange one that Landon was always fighting for and wanting to use as his own. Now we don't have to fight over waterbottles anymore. Gma and Gpa Jones got him a Cozy Coup car and some Biscuit books. Gma and Gpa Koyle had a little celebration for him at their house and he got a fish that flops, a toy boat for the bath, and a truck and trailor, and a BSU bronco outfit that is adorable and Landon loves to wear it. He also got a "blue airplane" that looks just like a Southwest Plane from Cory and Tiff when we celebrated his and Sydney's birthday in Utah. He loves it. Needless to say, he was spoiled for his special day-or at least he felt like he was, and that's all that matters.
Landon loved singing happy birthday and blowing out the candles. Every time someone called after we had done cake he made us light the candles again and sing to him. The rest of the night he walked around singing Happy Birthday to himself. Pretty adorable. I can't get him to say that he is 2 though. He still insists that he is one if you ask him. We'll keep working on that one.
I love celebrating my kids birthdays and remembering how much they have grown and how much fun we have had with them throughout the year. Despite the craziness of life right now I managed to throw together a semblance of a birthday video to watch. It's not finished and it's definitely not perfect, but I couldn't leave it out. Landon is such a sweetheart and a blessing to our family in so many ways. I can't wait to see what the next year with him will bring.
1 comment:
So cute!! I loved being able to see Landon's personality come out as he opened some of the presents. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment