Oh what do you do on a Saturday, when all the world is warm? Go for a walk of course. It was sunny and warm and not windy today (just breezy) so we decided to walk over to the field by our house and do some groundhog spotting. There are a gajillion of groundhogs that live here and I always see them out and about when we drive by.

Groundhog spotting is really not as fun as it sounds though because as soon as you start to get close they sound the alarm (a chirping sort of noise) and all hide down in their holes. But I did get a few pictures. They blend in with the dirt pretty good but if you look close you can spot them.

Koyle LOVES pulling the wagon around. Also note that the boys are sporting their shorts I made a few weeks ago from one of their many hole-in-the-knee jeans.

They are building a lot of houses around here and there were some big dirt piles and lots of junk lying around...translated: little boy jackpot!

Koyle really had to work at climbing up the mountain. My boys need to get out more; we are anxiously awaiting summer weather. Some little boys who were visiting their grandparents came out to play on the dirt piles too. We sat and visited with the adults while the kids played; very nice people.

I do love the Texas sky with all the fluffly clouds.

After collecting some scrap wood we found to take camping for firewood, we walked back home. The boys found some water puddles to wash all the dirt off on the way home : ) The perfect ending to an outing in a field of dirt.

I couldn't help but include this picture of Matthew's knees. Lest you ever wonder why ALL of Matthew's pants have holes in the knees, perhaps this picture of what his actual knees look like will help you understand. Sure do love my boys!
2 comments:
Holy bunged up knees!
Oh wow, this post made me cringe. Ruined pants, dirt, then WET dirt, dirty children......I think there's a reason I have girls, dance and all. Haha! :) glad you guys had a fun day!
Post a Comment