Today is clean the house and get ready for preschool day. Things got neglected this weekend as we hustled and bustled getting other stuff done. My kitchen counter still has flour all over it from rolling out sugar cookies and my floor hasn't been mopped in way too long. So after getting past our busy morning of errands, etc. I was ready to plunge into getting my house cleaned. Of course Koyle had to choose today to not lay down for his nap. He usually lays down great with no problem. So I went in his room and closed the door and held him on my lap and started singing Christmas songs. And my own little miracle happened! Koyle actually sat on my lap and let me hold him and rock him while I sang. He fell asleep in my arms so peacefully. Koyle NEVER lets us rock him to sleep, ever since he was a baby he likes just being laid down. Occasionally he will let Justin hold him but I think I can count the number of times Koyle has let me do that with him. So it is a big deal and it always melts my heart. What a blessing that I stayed patient and instead of getting upset or frustrated I calmly took the time to sit with him-I normally wouldn't even try because I know the outcome. It made me wish I didn't have to worry about preschool or cleaning my house today and could just be his mother and take life at his pace. I sure do love my boys!
AND... I posted a poll so you call all vote on what you think the gender of our baby will be. The ultrasound is on Thursday afternoon and I am so excited. I am to the point where I really don't care what it is and I'm not sure which I would be more excited about, a girl or a boy. Both would be so much fun. And like I always say I am just glad I don't get to choose the dynamics of my family, I'll leave that to God. Because if it was up to me I might never be able to decide. Happy guessing!
5 comments:
How exciting!! I love the Big Ultrasound. I hope it's a girl, just for something different. And little girls are awesome. I'm glad you got to have a sweet little sleepy moment with your boy Koyle. :)
That is adorable. You are such a good mom!
In a weird way, I like hearing that your counters aren't clean or your floor isn't mopped and you are trying to tackle it... it makes me feel all the better. I miss getting to see you do all of the wonderful things you do. It helped me not worry about my house as much because you taught me that it looks cleaner to others than it feels to yourself.
Yay! The big ultrasound is coming up! And then we get to spend Christmas together.
Well you know my vote! Haha I love little girls - the more the merrier! But I'm also glad that you are just as excited either way :) That is a good place to be! Yay!
Girl! But you two have to know you make the sweetest little boys--they don't come better than them so wouldn't be surprised if Heavenly Father said we need more good boys in the world.
Jay's vote is a boy. He says Justin's not man enough to make a Girl. There, Tiff and Sarah, we know who the REAL MEN in the family are!!!
Grammie Tami and Grampa Jay
Matthew told me that he wanted 10 brothers and (get this) 100 sisters. It looks like you are well on your way to the 10 brothers at least!
Lindy
Post a Comment