Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Keeping Things Exciting

Our week started out a little dull and I was having an "I hate med school" attitude. Luckily, with a little love and support from my dear med student husband, I was able to turn it around and have a great week. Tuesday afternoon I went and did a Mary Kay makeover and got $20 of free product. Can't complain about that! I was reminded how much I love Mary Kay and wondered why I didn't buy that instead of Mac. Next time. Tuesday we had the missionaries over for dinner. The boys miraculously had perfect table manners while they were here; perhaps I will have them over for dinner every night. I went to a Step & Interval class at the gym that I really enjoyed. I hadn't worked out in a few weeks so it felt good to get moving.
Wednesday started off with a joyful surprise...SNOW!! Matthew's response when he saw it was, "Jesus DID make it snow for me!" (Ever since he prayed for snow back in December, he thinks every time it snows is an answer to his prayer!) Then later that morning as we were just hanging out he said, "Thank you for the snow Jesus." It was really very sweet. That afternoon we met Justin at school. They were presenting their honors project poster and families were invited. Turned out to be a little anti-climatic; they had all the posters on display and a professor came by and asked them some questions about it. Matthew was a bum the whole time which kind of dampened my mood as well. Wednesday night after Justin got home from scouts we had a little stay at home date. It had been a while since we spent some time together just him and I and it was much needed. We ended up discussing some questions I had seen on pinterest (30 questions for a stay at home date night). Sounds cheesy but they were actually good, legitimate topics and I felt more connected to my husband afterward (cheesy, I know : ) Of course we ended the night with ice cream!
Thursday afternoon Brittany and I wanted to get out and do something. We were going to go to the Ranching Heritage Center but it was about to close when we got there. So we quickly went to see the train and then headed to the park instead.  We ended up convincing our husbands to pick up some Pizza Hut and meet us at the park for a little picnic. The boys had a great time playing since we haven't been to that park since the fall. Yeah for nice weather finally!
Friday morning I had my first Relief Society Presidency meeting. It was great to finally meet together, get to know each other, and find out what our responsibilities would be. I am going to be in charge of education so I will coordinate teachers for our Sunday meetings. Along with all the other stuff that goes along with Relief Society. I was a little nervous about taking the boys with me because I knew it would be a long meeting and I wasn't sure how they would hold up...but BLESSING! they were fantastic the whole time. No crying, not even once, and they stayed out of my face and played really well the whole time. Before we left, she let us see her brand new baby kittens! As a treat for being so well-behaved Matthew and I made cookies. Then we made cardboard shields (Julie had a shield at her house so of course Matthew concocted wonderful plans for me of things I could make him when we got home.) After Koyle woke up from his nap I let the boys paint their shields. They both did a really good job of just painting their shield...until Matthew finished and he really, really wanted to have a paint fight with Koyle. Koyle wasn't interested so Matthew painted himself instead. Afterwards, Matthew insisted on being rinsed off with the hose. Even though it looks nice in these pictures, it wasn't THAT hot, but he loved it. I let him play with the hose a while and "water" the grass. I found him like this:
Friday night we went out and bought some dirt and flowers for my pots. Now it is officially spring! (See my "Favorite Things" post for pictures)
Saturday morning I got to take the boys to a family movement class (aka dance class). It was a free workshop put on my a local dance group and one of the ladies in charge is in my ward and told me about it. We were so excited to go because I have always wanted to do something like this with Matthew. It was very fun, albeit a little modern : ) Matthew was a little timid, like he always is in new settings, and I think he would have liked a little more free dance time. Koyle did great until the end when he just wanted to climb on the steps and hide in the curtains. Then while Koyle slept, we got to go and visit our friends who just got home from their trip to Hawaii. Matthew was SO excited to finally have his little friend back to play with. That night Justin and I went on a real live date! We went to see the movie 42 about Jackie Robinson. A very good movie-I highly recommend it.

And now after our week of play it is time for Justin to get back to the grind of studying, and me back to average life. But I'm sure we will find some exciting things to do this week....we always do!

No comments: