Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

After we got everything unloaded and put away, we colored some Easter eggs. Justin and I really get into coloring our eggs, but we kept things pretty simple since we didn't have a lot of time this year. I got this paint you rolled on with sponges and the boys had a really fun time actually painting their eggs. For mom and dad, I got a kit that came with markers to color on the eggs. Matthew had the hardest time going to sleep Saturday night. Mostly because he slept in the car on the way home from camping. And partly because he was really excited about the Easter bunny and thought he was going to be able to see him. He recently watched the movie The Guardians (actually a pretty cute movie) and so he thought it was going to be just like in the movie when the kids get to see them. For now he is content to wait until next year; he told me he is going to try and catch the Easter bunny next year. I am just hoping he forgets. 
Easter morning, like always, we had to point out the basket of candy and gifts on the couch. Matthew found an egg on the floor and that was all he needed. This year the Easter bunny brought Matthew a baseball mitt and Koyle a fishing pole with fish you can hook on. And of course, too much candy! Notice the adorable chocolate bunny who is fishing for a chocolate egg, complete with chocolate bobber. Too bad my kids don't appreciate the coordination of fishing bunnies to go with the fishing pole. But they were both super excited to eat the chocolate fish. Grandma Tami always sends flip flops. Matthew knew exactly how that worked: "Oh, so the Easter bunny picked these up from Grandma's house and hopped them to our house!" Koyle was just in love with all the candy.And he really loves his fishing pole and he is dangerous with the thing. He whacks it and swings it around like a ninja! He has already broken most of the pieces because he hits it so hard. 
Sunday at church I got a new calling to serve in the Relief Society Presidency. I am excited to get to know the sisters better, and am not nervous yet because we haven't met to discuss what my responsibilities will be :) It was a lovely day at church. We got home later than normal however because I had to get set apart (given a blessing). So we had to hustle a little to get everything ready for dinner but it came together nicely. We had the Clarks and Hansens over. Minus the part where Matthew hit baby Miles in the face with his golf club, it was a lovely Easter dinner spent with good friends.
For some reason Matthew always gets stuck on death whenever we talk about it. We of course tried throughout the week, and especially on Sunday to spend a lot of time talking about Jesus and his life, and how when he died he came back to life and that is why we celebrate Easter. So Matthew has had death on the mind. This morning while trying to climb onto my bathroom counter he said, "I am getting too old for this." "You are huh?" I questioned. "Yeah, I am going to die soon because I am getting so old," he replied. And at that point we decided to leave Easter until next year.

1 comment:

Kimi Sheffer said...

Such cute little boys!